Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Today i was bored out of my mind, so i went out for a walk and found myself in front of the local PC store. So i though, what the hell, ill go check if the have any new/good games for sale. well, not many were really worth any attention, mainly TLoZ: The Windwaker and perhaps Everquest. well, Zelda is way too expensive for me(around 60€/$) whilst Everquest was only around 30. Now i do know that it is a purely MP game, but thats ok, since i have broadband(or whatever the hell it is) ADSL connection, so speed shouldnt be a problem. besides, it might be a cool expirience. what i really want to know is, besides it being a playable game or no, whether or not it will run smoothly on my pc. I have a 1400 Ghz processor, 256 DDR ram and stuff, but im not sure if my Graphics Card is up to date anymore, since its only a Gforce 2 with only 64 MB of memory. Any advice/comments will be more than welcome

[ 08-07-2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 08-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Don't touch it, its EVIL! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously I played EQ for nearly 4 years. It is a HUGH time sink. I still haunt a couple of EQ messages boards (The Concert Hall mostly). They have made a lot of changes over the years, mostly making the game easier and easier. If you have an addictive personality be careful, as it can be highly addictive.

Also keep in mind there is a monthly charge for the game, so it will cost you more then the 30€ to play.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

well i think it will run perfectly ok for your pc but many people like this game infact they get so addicted its scary but i got the game a few months ago but i dont play it anymore its not such a fun game in my opinion its pretty bad graphics and to pay like 14 dollars per month is pretty much and also its not any special differences between EQ and other games out there i would personally recomend Ragnarök Online its a Great game but thats just my opinion there is much more better MMORPGS out there m8 have another look
Old 08-07-2003, 01:22 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moved to Misc. Rpg's forum