Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 10:49 PM   #1
Khellendros

I would like to know any opinions of the druid shapeshifter class. I wanted to know if anybody thinks that it is worth playing over the other druid types. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2001, 11:03 PM   #2
Armisael

I don't like them much. The big problem is that they still get the cleric THAC0, making it hard for them to hit things when in their werewolf form. The regular werewolf's stats aren't anything special, but the greater werewolf gets natural STR, DEX and CON scores over twenty. The other problem is that they can't cast spells while they're shapeshifted, so you end up juggling yourself around a bit in a battle.

Old 01-03-2001, 11:10 PM   #3
Khellendros

Also, do the other forms druids can take, make any practical difference? I mean it is cool to be able to shape change but do the forms allowed help? Why not a bird or deer or maybe a large cat for speedy scouting or damage, something more than a wolf which is cool, but the two bears are a little redundant. Are the two available bears different?

Old 01-04-2001, 02:58 AM   #4
Khellendros

Anybody else?

Old 01-04-2001, 03:04 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is something I'm actually a little bit hazy on. When in their Loup Garou form can shapeshifters initiate dialogue? Because in theory druids who are shapechanged into animals can't initiate dialogue, but when i had cernd he seemed to be talking to me fine. Also shouldn't the group's reputation go down a few notches if you are in your werewolf form? Imagine a big wolf looking lycanthrope strolling down Waukeen's Promenade...
Old 01-04-2001, 03:24 AM   #6
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... i found the wolves to be great for scouting or fast pace retreat in admist of a battle (im a mage so i can polymorph myself) all the shapeshifting capabilities have thier own unique aspects (but when your a high enough level... these things become useless)

anyway... there is only one shapeshifting thingie i really dont understand why they even placed it there... (note for people who found the cloak of the sewers)
its cool to change into a troll or into a jelly but the only thing i couldnt understand is why you can change into a RAT!!! i mean what good is it for.. i tried using it once in admist in a battle ... and what happened to me wuz i got squished by thier feet all the while i was trying to bite thier legs and give them rabies (well not literaly but with such an easy battle and me losing i went a little crazy) ... ok cmon guys tell me what is the good use of being a RAT in this game...
Old 01-04-2001, 04:12 AM   #7
Arak

Sadly i must say the Shapeshifter is a bit disapointing, as the greater werewolf form isnt all that great, they could have made it more resistant to physical attacks, as it is now i rarely change into wolf form.

That 'Druids cant initiate dialog while in animal form' doesnt seem to apply to werewolfs, wich is nice.

Memnoch your right, the rep should go down when in wolf form, or maybe theres something in my eyes that make me look nice kinda like a big cudly puppy.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:14 AM   #8
G.W.

I had a problem with the cloak of the sewers. I couldn't turn back into normal form. How do you revert? Because becoming a troll would be useful for regenerating, but not a permanent troll.

Old 01-04-2001, 05:31 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Heh it would do wonders for your sex life wouldn't it...
Old 01-04-2001, 07:14 AM   #10
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

ah cmon gang.. who can answer my question.... pretty please..its been like 5hrs of waiting here...

hmm... as for the problem with the cloak of sewers GK ... its like what Memnoch said.. hehe
or just try resting or polymorphing yourself into another creature (if you are a mage) that is what i did... that is all i can say GL