Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 10:02 PM   #1
windfang

First question , I completed the umar hills quest and then stored many of my belongings in the new cabin... good idea or so I thought. now later i find that I have been booted out of the cabin and all my goods cleaned out... where did they go? I had stored the pommel stone there and would like to retrieve it. is it gone forever? Seccond question concerns the flayer dungeon. I did not do drow city yet, but managed to kill everything in the beholder area then moved onto the flaye dundgeon . now am am locked in, I have killed everything and released the slaves, but cannot open the east and west doors in the far north to get out. I cant find the brain, one flayer regenerated in the n room, I killed it then nothing, so far I have slept 5 times and nothing new is happening> any suggestions? I have the collars , used one on the regenned flayer , but had to kill it anyway as it wore off when i tried to get the flayer to open the doors. any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-02-2001, 12:12 AM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

1. Sorry, cannot answer your first question.

2. You'll always be able to find another mindflayer in the east room, just north of the room where the slaves were kept. Keep using the control collars to open the doors. Yes, the MF's will turn on you after opening one door, so be prepared to kill them immediately after opening the door.

***** SPOILER ****

The Mindflayer brain is in a room in the northwest of the compound.
Old 01-03-2001, 11:51 AM   #3
Fox!

1) Same thing happened to me, I am a Ranger and I knew the Cabin would be my stronghold so I decided to put all my spare stuff, Acorns, Pommel Jewel of the Equaliser etc on the shelf in Merella,s bedroom. But when I get the cabin as my stronghold the shelf is not needed anymore so you cannot actualy get to the shelf. I had to use ShadowKeeper to replace these items.
PS: How did you get kicked out???

2) When you use the Circlet the mindflayer will turn on you when it opens the door but the door will still be open so just walk through. For the brain I won't spoil it but when you open the door to the exit another door will open so you will be able to get there.

Old 01-04-2001, 03:00 PM   #4
Tyrel

In answer to your second question - you don't have to use the mind control collars, if you run out of them, you can use Domination Spells - I got caught out with that too.