Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-13-2002, 04:32 PM   #1
Storm Shadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I guess I've done something wrong somewhere but don't know where. I got to the Shrine of Anephas. I disabled the lock and now I have a major problem. I can create a Portal but I can't use call of home. When I do the game locks up and won't do anything. I can't even get the cursor to move. OK, I swam back to Brimlock Roon and when I tried to enter the gates the game locked up again. I have tried the Call of Home seven times, and have tried to enter the gate of Brimlock Roon four times. I have even tried restarting my computer three times and none of those things works. What do I do now?
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Storm Shadow!!!

To really help you out with your problem, we need to know a bit about your hardware and software but before you go listing them off in this thread, check this thread:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=007547

and see if the solution to your problem isn't already documented. Should you not find the answer there - you will find nice instructions on what sort of information would be helpful in solving your problem.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:34 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I was going to ask for all those things, but I'll defer to our lady. *** What's that? Oh, Missy suggests that your operating system and directX version may help, along with anything that may have changed on your computer, since it was apparently working previously (or have you never been able to get back into Brimloch Roon?)

But honest, I'm not asking for any info yet... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:53 AM   #4
the_young_one
Manshoon

Have you changed any technical specs on your PC inc. drivers?

It is more likely that you have done something in the game to cause a logic problem which is preventing the file for Brimloch Roon from loading properly. Have you actually entered Anephas Shrine? If so, how far in are you?

If you cannot go in through the gate to Brimloch Roon, the problem probably has nothing to do with the portal spell. Two suggestions for you:

1. After opening up W&W, reset adventures and reassemble your party. Leave Brimloch Roon via the harbour exit, save game, and try to re-enter Brimloch Roon. If this works fine, then contiue playing. You will lose whatever you had done since you last left Brimloch Roon (this might be better than your last saved game which works).

2. Load up a saved game and see if you can re-enter Brimloch Roon gate in that game. If you can't, then load an even earlier game until you can.

There are a few possible actions in Skull Castle or Anephas Shrine that could cause an error, as well as your actions the last time you were in Brimloch Roon can be problematic. Once you figure which is the last saved game that works, let us know.
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 03:52 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

I dont want to be a Job's messenger but I am afraid that you have only one possibility: reload a saved game from times when return to Brimloch Roon worked. If you do not have such game then, well, you are lost.
W&W suffers from some strange kind of gremlins. Sometimes, you meet a disaster and you have no idea what has happened and why. Something stops working even if it has worked all the time and during all preceding game runs. Examples:
- Certain elevator in the Snake Temple refuses to work. You cannot get out unless you have set a portal somewhere outside. The end (my own experience, also reported by another player).
- Slots for evil elements in the Shurugeon Castle are missing. They are only three instead of five. You cannot perform the "unholy ritual". The end (reported on this forum).
- When you leave Ishad N'Ha the game waits a moment and then hangs your computer. Nothing helps: running away, trying to Teleport or Vanish away and so on. The end (my own experience).
I suppose you have had no problems until now. You has been able to Call of Home to Brimloch Roon or to enter the town. For some unknown reason, you cannot enter the town any more. Gremlins. Try the old save. If it doesn't work, reinstall the game. The gremlins in W&W are mostly sleeping so that you need not encounter the problem again in the future.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:04 AM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Have any of your characters added new equipment????

Someone, (Olli Kalma) recently had a crash/freeze problem with the 'Brimloch' area...it was caused by wearing the 'Stone of Clover'.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:35 AM   #7
Olli Kalma

Have you patched game? installed newest replace/version?
It might help or not...