Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 12:55 AM   #1
J-Dogg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The battle with the time limit sucks - plain and simple

I need to know the best way to smoke that priestess chick - and my sorc doesn't have power word stun or power word silence so i need other tactics

I need some advice and prolly lots of it - so lay it on me folks!
J-Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:39 AM   #2
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hit her with insect plague, no saving throw and she can't cast any spells. Rip her to shreds before it wears off.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

First, cast Mass Haste on the entire party when you enter the area.

Run to the boat.

Place your mage in the 2nd slot in your party. Why. When you arrive on the island, you'll be crowded by the remorhazz. The person in the 2nd slot is free to charge out of the pinch. I ran my wizard upclose and personal on the sorceress and started firing off spells. The remorhazz started chasing my wizard by couldn't reach him because he was so far into that little corridor. This freed up my other 5 party members to fire ranged weapons, etc at the sorceress without being bothered by the remorhazz.

I suppose that you could charge her with your best melee fighter from the #2 slot as well.

I think that there are various strategies that I've heard that will work.

1. Resiliant Sphere her. Kill the Remorhazz. Kill her at your leisure.

2. Insect Plague. (I tried this, but thought I saw her ignore it. Don't remember for certain.)

I actually liked this battle. It was different, but manageable. It forced me to think a little differently.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote