Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
Mr. JC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hay all, i'm stuck in the serpent temple... i'v got the second monkey figerine and i'm trying to go back up the first elevator, but i can't find any buttons or switchs, so i'm kinda stuck. plz help.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Which room are you in? There's a button in the kitchen that activates the elevator and would let you up, IIRC.

There have been reports of people getting the elevator stuck in the wrong spot. If that happens, there's nothing to do but to reload -- you won't be able to get back to it.

Unless, of course, you were aware enough to have created a portal near the beginning of the temple. Then you could teleport to it.

If you're someplace else, post with more details and we'll see what we can do.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
Mr. JC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i thought the elevator in the kitching take you down...??
well i'm stuck on the bottom of that elevator, i want it to take me back up to the kitching
Old 02-04-2003, 05:17 PM   #4
Dave B.
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm! I went through the Serpent Temple last week and didn't encounter your problem. The good thing is that I'm still around Ishad N'ha so I can go back in
and check it out. The bad news is that I'm currently without an internet connection at home (I'm still at my work desk!!) so I can't check out out immediately and then of course there is the time difference. I'll try and get back to you in about 11 hours.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 07:34 PM   #5
Featherstone
Dungeon Master

IIRC there is a potential in Serpent Temple for you to become stuck inone of the elevators
As in once your down there, thats it!! Your there till the next power failure hits your PC
Hopefully you have saved quite close to the Kitchen area
Also IIRC it comes about by pressing the elevator button more than once - could be wrong but (have been in most of my travels so far)
Old 02-05-2003, 05:10 AM   #6
Dave B.
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Mr. JC I'm back.

From re-visiting the kitchen I can confirm that the button on the wall near the elevator acts as an on/off switch. Once on, turning it off returns the elevator to its default position which is at the kitchen level.

The elevator goes just a short distance down to the next level, a corridor which runs to a another elevator and some store rooms. From the bottom of the elevator and looking up can you see into the kitchen? Has the elevator got stuck between floors? Or it could be it has returned to its stationary default postion at kitchen level because of (perhaps) a double-click.

Whatever the reason I think the only way out is to return to a previous saved position. Sorry I can't offer a more positive solution.

The old maxim of Save, Save and when in doubt Save again certainly follows in W&W. I'm running the program under XP and it does seize-up very occasionally, also my party has sometimes got stuck/wedged in narrow passages.

Good luck with your travels and let us know how you get on.

Dave.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:37 AM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sorry...Mr. JC

Dave B., is correct. The switch in the kitchen...is an on/off switch.

The same action...that caused your post...to be...entered twice...is responsable for the problem.

If you accidently ...double click...the button...the first click....starts the elevator. The secound click...stops it...so it completes its current cycle and stops at the kitchen. If you happen to ride the elevator down...on the first cycle....the only option is....to reload a save.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:22 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Ha! Packrat might be right. This would explain the seldom seen "bug" when the elevator takes you down but you find it up and not working when you return with the idol. The reason is that you have DOUBLE clicked the button unintentionally. If it is so - and the discussion shows that it IS so then there is a simple strategy of avoiding the trap:
1. Click the button:
2. Observe the elevator going down and up.
3. Take the elevator. If the elevator does not work then it was a double click. Goto 1. Otherwise, the elevator should be ok.
But make a special save before taking the elevator anyway

The problem with a double click does not concern only the elevator. Once, I double clicked the keyhole that opens the passage to the Statue of Kerah. The passage opened and then closed immediately and - the key vanished as well. I ended with the passage closed and without the key. Rrrraughhhh!! Reload.