Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
robtwigs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default colaseum round room not turning

I put the glow stone in the slot, but the room doesn't turn. Should i restart the game or is there another switch that needs to be turned on.
robtwigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: colaseum round room not turning

Hi robtwigs!!

Have you entered the round room?? You visit this room a couple of times and will have to use a couple of glowstones. WHen you've placed your first glowstone and entered the room it should turn to the only possible opening at that time. If you've done that bit, then you are in need of another glowstone to get the room to turn again.

Do you have a saved game close to this time??

Save early, save often and save in different slots! I always save before I enter a location and have a separate save for in that location so that I never have to back track too far.

Not sure if I've managed to help you or not, hope so - do let us know!!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
robtwigs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks wyvern, I have two of the stones, put one in the first thing, the door opened but the room isn't open and doesn't turn, i can stand in front of it and use heal spells and it will turn a bit each time the blue magic shows. I have restarted the game from various saved games, at the entrance to the city, at the boat above the city before entering the water for the first time. have tried it a few times and same results each time. was thinking i may have to restart game or something.
robtwigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Welcome to the forums! Great to have another Aussie here!

It does sound like you may have some kind of glitch. I know it takes a long time, but going through the Tech Tips thread may help. I don't think you would have to restart the game. It would be terrible if you did.

Good luck!
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think you need to restart the whole game but maybe you need to go back to before you entered the Lost Sea area - really hard to say
Does sound like a glitch - had one myself when I played that area the first time around.

Wolf Rider2's advice is good - go through the tech tips - might be something in there to help.

Keep us posted and I hope your room will be turning soon!!!

Wyv
Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

It seems to be a problem of triggers. You seem to bypass a trigger which starts turning the room. Take your glowstones back and try to swim to and fro in the passage leading to the turning room. You don't need to swim too far away, the trigger cannot be too far. You should hit the trigger in the end and persuade the room to turn.

Neither spells nor weapns will help at the room. The game is full of bugs so that it cannot be excluded that you have become a victim of some of them. If swimming will not help, try quitting the game, reastart, and swim in the passage again. Also try saving the game outside Collaseum, quitting the game and swimming to the door again.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:45 AM   #7
Shadow Stranger

We are still seeing problems with rotating rooms...
Give the Vanish spell a go too.
If this topic does not help, you can upload your save and I can take a look at it.
(Choose Go Advanced then choose Manage Attachments.)

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 12-30-2015 at 06:21 AM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote