Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I remember a time when American music cable channels used to play wall to wall music videos. Now, one can turn on MTV or VH1 and for hourse not see a music video at all. "Rockumentaries", Reality TV, contests galore. Oh, and if there is a video, chances are there will be annoying 'plops' the whole way through it - LOUDER THAN THE MUSIC!!!!

I mean what the Fa..hatma Ghandi??

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 03-02-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

the simple truth is, that apparantly to these channels music videos are no longer profitable. therefore, they fall in with the extremly stupid reality show fad, among other things, since apparantly they had to come up with other ways of brainwashing this country's youth that being cool is the most important thing in life about when good ideas for music videos became few and far between.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:06 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i stopped watching mtv when they stopped running beavis and butthead.lol.it was their most intelligent show.you can get videos on the other mtv channels.like the x,or whatever it's called.the original mtv only wants to play spears,nsynch,and the back street boys.now i could watch britney spears all day,i'd just keep the sound down.but i couldn't stomach the rest of the stuff.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:37 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

you are so right yoric, i've been saying that for years.
we used to say "I want my MTV"
now i say "I want my MTV back"
Old 03-02-2002, 08:03 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

I think I have about 15 music channels (some American, some UK) and all the scheduled channels are the same - you are channel-hopping and get ads, ads, ads, ads, ads, real TV, ads, ads, real TV rerun....

The request channels are not much better, since the only people who seem to use them are bored teens who request the same songs and bands over and over

I would really like to see some innovative music channels.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:06 PM   #6
Moni

Get satellite.

We have a large variety of music channels from MTVX (more videos as opposed to more junk food for the mindless), Country, Adult Contemporary, R&B and a slew of channels with no videos...Hard Rock, Alternative, Retro Disco (LOL), Blues, Jazz, Acid Jazz lol, Gospel, Reggae, Country, Classical, Easy Listening, Opera, Big Band/Swing, Children's music...you name it.

I quit watching MTV in the eighties..same old videos over and over again...may as well have had the top forty station on the radio playing 24-7.

Old 03-03-2002, 01:37 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Exactly. Instead of 'Behind the music' documentaries, why not show 'all the music' from that artist. An musician artist does express themselves...er... through their MUSIC.

If I hear that bloody BTM announcers voice again I'll puke!

There is so much music in the world, and so much that doesn't see the light of day, it's not like they'll run out of videos.

When I was last signed to a major, if I went into the company I would pass by piles and piles of music that never took off. Videos, albums.

Aussie radio stations were presented with over fifty new songs a week. Radio would only add one or two.

And that's just in English speaking Australia. We're not even counting the rest of the world yet.

Old 03-03-2002, 01:55 AM   #8
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Sadly its all about the money. The few borded teens who are intent on watching MTV dont care about the music.

Now I must say I watch VH1 somtime, I watch behind the music alot, well the ones I havent seen over and over. Its a good show, IMO. But yeah for the most part your right Yorrick.

But like Moni said, get satelitle. I get MTV, MTV2 witch is a decent chanel that claims it be "24 hours of music Veidos" but they are starting to change a bit. I also get VH1 and a caindain channel called MuchMusic.

As well as other channels that dont show veidos, just music. There is a bloody ton of them.

Channel X (whatever that supouse to mean.) Dance, Metal, Alternivtive, Classic Rock, Rock Hits, Hit List, Jazz, Blues, Light Jazz, classic, Light Classic, New Country, Classic Country, among others. Its kina silly really.

I like VH1 much better. They atleast show some veidos. 95% of MTVs shows have nothing at all to do with music.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:46 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree, MTV is nothing like it used to be in the 70's and early 80's. Although I do enjoy some of their non-music shows.. But yeah, would rather see music since it is supposed to be a MUSIC CHANNEL! What really got me was one night when I turned MTV on and saw wrestling! Wha? Wrestling????? But that's not....that's already on another...why is it here...??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-03-2002, 05:04 PM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I agree, MTV is nothing like it used to be in the 70's and early 80's. Although I do enjoy some of their non-music shows.. But yeah, would rather see music since it is supposed to be a MUSIC CHANNEL! What really got me was one night when I turned MTV on and saw wrestling! Wha? Wrestling????? But that's not....that's already on another...why is it here...??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL!!!