Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Karen was waiting at CVS pharmacy to get a prescription filled. The cost...$210.00. They told her it would be an hour wait. She waited with a sick, miserable 2 year old that had not had dinner yet. An hour later, the prescription was not filled. They told her to wait another 30 minutes if possible. She waited. No prescription. She inquired as to why...they told her they were busy...first come fisrt serve thing...After waiting 2 hours and 10 minutes, Karen walked up to the counter and said..."Where is my prescription?" They told her it would be another 40 minutes. She replied.."I have a two year old...and I'll use her, if you don't hurry! They thought it was a joke.
My wife is on her monthly cycle at this time.
She was not joking.

She told me that she whispered into the irritated bab'y ear"play-time!" Then...let the child go free.

Need I tell you the destruction wrought by a two year old in a drug-store? Many isles were left in shambles. My wife got her prescription, finally, and walked out, congratulating our little girl on a job well done!

FYI...I told this story to a friend, and he had also had a problem with CVS as they had given him 18 grams of prescription, but the bill was for 24 ounces. He said that they did that to him on his refills for his little boy three times before he caught them on it. He took a weigh scale with him to the pharmacy. They gave him supposedly the right amount. He weighed it in front of them and proved them wrong.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:49 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Yay!! Congrats MaryBeth *claps hands*
Old 03-01-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Good Job Marybeth. THose clinic people piss my @$$ off.Wait another hour, sorry, another 2 days, so sorry, wait 40 minutes to sit there on my big fat @$$ starving and hungry.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

hmm can I imagine this angel child wrecking something? Of course I can! I used to do it... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Good stuff, dont let them screw you around.

We dont have that problem here in NZ, there are so many pharmacies, if they made you wait too long they know we'd just go to another down the road.

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Scholarcs ]

[ 03-01-2002: Message edited by: Scholarcs ]

<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-01-2002, 11:26 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL!!! I think that must be the first time I've heard of a toddler being used so effectively as a "weapon of mass destruction!" That is one for the books, Larry!

And good on for Mary Beth! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 03-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #6
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Good for her.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:35 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Bl**dy hell! (Please excuse my language!)

I am shocked at the cost and how long she had to wait. Anyone who thinks that if you pay a lot of money for it you get better service needs to have a rethink. I, like most others in the UK, get my prescriptions on the NHS (National Health Service) which is paid for by taxes - I pay around £6 per prescription no matter WHAT meds I need, and they are dispensed in approximately 5 minutes by any pharmacy shop.

Long live the NHS (and well done MaryBeth, that girl's got spirit!)
Old 03-02-2002, 08:48 AM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its funny you brought this up Larry, my best friend had a recent experience at a CVS in Mooresville (thats in NC where Larry and I both live). He took in a prescription(not for him so they never got his name), they told him two hours. So he came back two hours later and they didnt have it ready. So he complained (likely using a bit of profanity) and the pharmacist(who was a young guy)was stupid enough to tell him he would "beat his ass" if he didnt go. Wrong thing to say to Rich, the pharmacist was promptly dragged acrss the counter and thrown to the floor. At this point he realised the police were being called so as he ran out he stuck his arms out and cleared shelves Mary Beth-style. We got a bit of a laugh out of this. So Marybeth was great! Good for her Larry!
Old 03-02-2002, 08:49 AM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Long live the NHS (and well done MaryBeth, that girl's got spirit!)

Epona, I hope that you forgive me if I respectfully disagree on that one. I work for the government enough as it is.
Larry, you and your wife will find another use for Marybeth after she starts talking and answering the telephone. When a solicitor calls, let her answer! It drives them crazy. You can hear, "Let me speak to your Mommy." "Hewwo?" Please let me speak to your mommy." "Hewwwo?" etc.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-02-2002, 09:32 AM   #10
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

All hail MaryBeth, the Modding mage's most powerful doomsday device!!!
Well done Mary-beth, you show those store people who's boss.