Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 01-04-2002, 10:22 AM   #1
Horian
Welcomed New User

Please help me a friend and me we are new to this game, we only bought it because of the multiplayer-mode (it´s very cheap at the moment), after playing some time we were almost in front of the last enemy and wanted to save. I went of, he (the host) went off after me too.
Than he load the game - and was again inside the city instead of the dungeon, loosing his very good shield.
Is this normal?
It´s really frustrating, we played so long time to get it, now its lost. Can we get it back? How to save stuff secure?
How to save the dungeon and come back after leaving to the dungeon???
We have both patched to 1.05b (Euro).
Thank you very much for your help (and sorry for my english).
Horian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 07:14 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I am sorry to hear of this problem. Generally, when the host leaves a multiplayer game, the game is saved at that point. However, it may be possible that the actual game that is saved is at a different point. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep checking this forum and perhaps someone will be able to help more.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When any player leaves a network game, all quest items that he/she has are dropped at that spot. Any magical instances associated with that player (like magic doors, fire golems, etc.) are also removed from the game. When you restart the game, you will always restart in town (not where you were in the game) - this is the nature of a network game. By restarting in town, all the monsters you've killed and rooms you've explored will still be marked as 'visited' - you'll just have to start back out from town.

Please also note that when you leave a game, DS verifies that the items you are leaving with are unique (each DS item contains the machine name and a serial number to uniquely identify the item). Any items that DS believes are duplicates are removed from your inventory. If you, by chance, have the same machine name as another network player, then you risk the possibility of DS incorrectly detecting a duplicate item and deleting the extraneous copy.

(Note: be very careful about changing machine names as they are also embedded in the save games and characters.lpl file.)

FYI,
Old 01-06-2002, 07:27 AM   #4
Horian
Welcomed New User

First thank you very much for this answers.
Does "When any player leaves a network game, all quest items that he/she has are dropped at that spot. " means, if this shield was a questitem (are there quest-shields???) it has to lie now at the ground where he left the game? Even it is dropped when he was the last, who left it?
Horian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 06:15 PM   #5
Azlan
Banned User

Back to the top. Bump!
Azlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 07:10 PM   #6
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:

(are there quest-shields???)

Yes - the Shield of Light to name one.

quote:

it has to lie now at the ground where he left the game? Even it is dropped when he was the last, who left it?

Yes - all items are dropped at the location where the player leaves the game, including the last player to leave. (That's why I always insist that all players in a shared game I'm hosting go back to town before exiting - that way the rest of us aren't searching all over the place for the items that were dropped!)

Good Luck,