Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 02:55 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What follows is a story that was sent to my by a friend .... [img]smile.gif[/img] ================================================== ============
Next time you have a bad day at work...think of this guy. Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to The X, 103.2 on your FM dial in Ft Wayne IN, who was sponsoring a "worst job experience" contest. Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,
Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all.

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: we have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose.

Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do when I get to the bottom and start working is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi. Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch.
So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit.

Now since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into my butt. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator.
His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with 5 other divers were all laughing hysterically.
Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to make 3 agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling 35 minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for 2 days because my butthole was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt!

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..."

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-02-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

LOL Instant Classic!!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

ROFL! Ouch!
Old 02-02-2004, 03:35 PM   #4
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

ROFLMAO!!! That's bad! Poor guy, all his collegues laughing too...
Old 02-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I am glad I am sitting on a chair when I am working

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 02-02-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

ouch! *never complains about school again*
Old 02-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I love school. School is good. There are no jellyfish in th school. It is safe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 11:37 PM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Lol...That's a good one!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 02-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #9
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ya sure, but do you know how much those guys get paid?
Anyway, that would suck... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 03:08 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Kathen... nothing... is worth it for having a Jellyfish up your butt
At least they could not pay me enough for that... ever
[img]smile.gif[/img]