Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 03:06 AM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

what happens if I don't let keldorn go to his wife....what are the consequenses. Will my reputation go down, willhe become a worse fighter...input would greatly be appreciated. Thanx
Old 07-11-2001, 03:15 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm assuming loss of experience (not you lose any, just you don't gain any from the subquest).
Old 07-11-2001, 03:33 AM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

None.
Old 07-11-2001, 03:40 AM   #4
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

what subquest, all the subquests that Keldorn is involved after the incident or what..?
Old 07-11-2001, 03:57 AM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverblade:
what subquest, all the subquests that Keldorn is involved after the incident or what..?
He means the one you actually do when you go to see her. By the way Keldorn leaves if you dont go and see her. The sub-quest is interesting, save before you start though.
Old 07-11-2001, 04:00 AM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Spoiler
Keldorn has... family problems. His wife is angry with him as most of the time he's out doing paladin stuff. If you ever step into the Goverment District with him in your party, he'll let you know that he wants to see his family for a while.

If you do allow him to visit the family, you'll see that the wife wants a divorce (well not exactly, but perhaps in a modern setting it would be scripted as such). There are a couple of ways to handle this, but iirc only one way nets you some experience (about 15,000 pts).

If you don't allow him to visit, I think after a while he'll go on his own (and you may lose him altogether).

So if the quest has started (an entry has been made in your journal) you'd better finish it if you plan on using him.

If the quest hasn't started, you may want to drop him off each time before you set foot in the Government District.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-11-2001, 04:27 AM   #7
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I visited the government district one a long time ago, Keldorn was with me, then I left...how long before I have to go see his wife, does the subquest begin as you enter the governemet district or when you see his wife?
Old 07-11-2001, 05:56 AM   #8
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Keldorn's quest begins when you step foot in the G'ment District. You get an entry in your journal saying that he wants/needs to see his family.

The fun starts when he actually pays a visit...

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-11-2001, 07:27 AM   #9
Luther
Manshoon

Once you've done his subquest (there are multiple ways of doing it, I'm assuming you do it the 'niceguy' way) you have a choice of being a nice guy and letting him live with his family, or being practical and continuing to keep him in your party. Considering he is just a computer program it's best to take him with you and not let him return to his family just yet, he's a good fighter It doesnt affect anything in the long run.