Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-05-2001, 11:47 AM   #1
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi - new posting - but been lurking, learning and laughing too for a while. Feeling lonely, because everyone else is having relationships, and I'm left out (running a female character and have no use for Anomen).

Anyway, usually my questions are answered by hunting through the posts but here's one I puzzled over for about an hour last night and finally halted my game playing. It is in Chapter 4 (?I think?), Bodhi has sent me through her little cat and mouse game in the asylum dungeon. I think I've done it all except for the vampire (the previous big-dog who's gone mad?). I 'killed' him, and his spectre, now his coffin says I can really kill him if I can just find a wooden stake (and I assume I need his hand to get out of this house of riddles).

I can't find a wooden stake, and I didn't bring one. Are there ANY around? I feel like I have combed every square millimeter of both levels. If I needed to have brought one on the boat, I am gonna be MIGHTY P.O.'d because I would have to back up to the beginning of chapter three (my only backup that is far enough back to get a wooden stake).

Please tell me there is one a around or that I am being dense about a creative solution?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:56 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Fight the Kobolds guarding the crystal structure. One of them has a stake.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:55 PM   #3
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*whew*

what a relief. Thanks so much, - I did check the kobold bodies out- but I must have missed one or maybe I was just getting impatient/pessimistic and passed right over it.

Old 07-05-2001, 03:18 PM   #4
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

LOL - you just got to think about how they had to add that in so people wouldn't get stuck!
I mean, WHY would a lowly kobold be walking about with a stake? Is he a rose gardener?
Old 07-05-2001, 03:29 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Sevan Ge:
Hi - new posting - but been lurking, learning and laughing too for a while. Feeling lonely, because everyone else is having relationships, and I'm left out (running a female character and have no use for Anomen).

Thanks in advance.
I'll change that in soon enough
Pleased that you decided to stop lurking!

------------------
Old 07-05-2001, 03:36 PM   #6
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey thanks!

Robin ToH - you reminded me! Last night I began to get unreasonable (a sure sign I am sinking into game world too far) - I was pissed cause I thought " oh cripes, all these stinking arrows, can't I break one?" or wandering the halls seeing the pillars and doors and tables: "hell I got an axe and I can't make a freaking wooden STAKE???". *sigh* Game land don't work that way I guess.