Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 06:56 AM   #1
kitson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in the progress of doing Maevrs quests, I have taken the statue and now have been told to kill the old wizard in the docks.

Does anyone know any good ways of killing him, and his golems?
Old 07-04-2001, 08:22 AM   #2
joetbd
Manshoon

have you tried and failed? Because I did not find it that difficult (in case you have not tried it, and are merely worried).

By the way, this happen fairly early in the game. Is this your first time through the game, and is SOA your first Baldurs Gate game? I ask, because people often fire off some pretty complicated battle tatics, that are not really suited for beginners.

My general strategy for everything is a single fighter (at most two) at the head, with a lone cleric just behind them healing. This single character takes the bulk of the punishment, freeing your archers and mages to do their work.

Are you asking which weapons and spells are effective against Certain monsters?
Old 07-04-2001, 09:19 AM   #3
Nazgūl
Manshoon

the golems require blunt weapons. (magical i think)

------------------

and the sky will rain fire...
Old 07-04-2001, 09:42 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If memory serves me well( and I hope it does ), there are two Stone Golems on the second floor.

One way to deal with them is to get your mages to cast Melf's Minute Meteors( if you do not have this spell, try to purchase the scroll, and if you can't afford it... ... urm... ...) then rest, enabling you to cast it again later on.

I'm assuming your average party level is 7-8.

If you do not possess this spell, then get a +2( or better) enchanted weapon to deal with them.

The Golems are the least of your problems though, the mage you have to fight later on is pretty high level. You might want to reserve some normal weapons to deal with him unless you have 'Pierce Magic' and 'Breach'.

'Secret Word' will not work since he will put up his 'Globe of Invulnerability' which nullifies spells of 4th level and lower.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 07-04-2001, 03:07 PM   #5
Alaric
Manshoon

When I fought the wizard, I also had a hard time winning the fight. Finally, I beat him. I had my fighters rush him and sent the rest of the part to the far corner of the room. They started firing their missle weapons at him. except for one mage who cast Breach on him. In a couple rounds after the Breach took down his defenses, he was dead.

Old 07-04-2001, 07:52 PM   #6
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You know if you dont kill him and play as a straight mage and do the mage stronghold to completion and dont come into conflict with the government near the end of the game you can join the cowled wizard organisation. its true.

------------------
Old 07-05-2001, 12:23 AM   #7
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who would want to join the Cowled Wizards? Hypocritical, nosey pansies is what I say. Although it would be amusing... Does anything special happen, or do they just say you're a member?