Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-29-2000, 03:55 PM   #11
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Valygar is my main tank
and he chops most enemy's to sushi in 2 hits

he came out with 20% of the kills and 28% of the XP gained through the game
only overclassed by Edwin and me (edwin got more kills - 27%/18% Me 32%/35%)
No one wield katana's like he does

And you don't have Clerics to fight
you have cleric to do cleric things
i don't see jeheira cast 3 fingers of death
to be honest i don't see jaheira cast any

Druid sux becoz of their leveling up XP needed
i mean what use is a level 14 character against a lich?

And to be very clear even my dagger wieldin Mage has 2 attacks pre round
Old 12-29-2000, 06:50 PM   #12
Dinin

i don't know what you guys are talking about.
If you put Jahiera and Valygar in a room with Minsc he would tear the sh*t out of them. That and the fact that valygar would wine about jahiera using magic. They both suck
LONG LIVE MINSC AND BOO

Old 12-29-2000, 09:23 PM   #13
EasyL3

It's a good thing for you guys that Yoshimo can't set his traps while there's enemies around or he'd be able to wipe out all the other NPC's without them knowing it. That's just my opinion, but with the proper armor and armed with the Celestial Fury, IF you make it past his 5X backstab multiplier, you may get a few good hits in but he'd win in the end.
I firmly believe that he could make it through just about any dungeon/quest on his own. Hide in shadows, find out where your enemies are, set some traps a distance away, backstab. If the enemy lives, or there are more than 1 of them you lure them back to your traps and they're history.

However, this is neither here nor there cause we seem to be discussing Jaheira, Minsc and Valygar. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

-"Easy"
(My vote is for jaheira)

Old 12-29-2000, 11:38 PM   #14
Armisael

Firstly, Valygar is alright. But he's the most boring character in the game. He never says anything, never does anything. It seems like he's travelling around with you just for the hell of it.
Viconia is the best cleric in the game. The keyword here is cleric. Viconia isn't a druid. Druids get spells that make clerics flinch, and vice versa. Jaheira is a fighter/druid, emphasis on the fighter, why does everyone forget this? Give her the hill giant girdle. With iron skins and a naturally high AC she's one of your frontliners, Rikard, and the best mage disabler to boot, not to mention her summons.
As for Minsc, he's a great character. All he needs is something that'll give him a mind shield. You don't need to waste a strength booster on him since he's already got the highest strength in the game, and he's the only ranger in the game who can berserk. Not to mention the fact that he's funny as hell.

Old 12-29-2000, 11:43 PM   #15
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I agree with Armisael. I wonder though on why Viconia has this superior leap to madness when she wears armor? Her AC jumps like hell. I got her down to a low -13 before, and my Paladin could only get -9? Why is that?
Old 12-30-2000, 12:25 AM   #16
Dinin

with me I just don't like valygars dialogue because he probably has my favorite portrait in the game. With jahiera she just annoys the heck out of me but she is pretty useful.

Old 12-30-2000, 03:16 AM   #17
Sylentz

Dare I mention Anomen?
*Sylent Hides from violently flung missiles!*

Old 12-30-2000, 03:55 AM   #18
One ANGRY lil' man

AHHH HELL, they are just fodder for my mages that's all. I send anyone with no magic to the front line and if they die well I'm not burying them. Minsc is great so is Valygar they are great at blitzing throw a haste on them and give them healing potions if Valygar wanted to sneak about his AC wouldn't be -2 with that armor.

Old 12-30-2000, 03:59 AM   #19
One ANGRY lil' man

Only good druid is that shapeshifter whats his name? ahh I forgot but he is a tough mofo.

Old 12-30-2000, 04:00 AM   #20
Armisael

Cernd? Don't make me laugh, he's got about 53 HP.