Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2001, 12:59 AM   #1
Moni

I can't recommend any game that isn't old & that you probably have not played/beaten.

Currently awaiting the promised release of Wizardry 8 this month.

: )
Moni
Old 01-16-2001, 11:39 AM   #2
GIDEON

I just finished WnW - was realy a nice game..... but now I am again on the
search for a good game. I very much liked Lands of Lore II & III, Might & Magic VIII and the old
Ultima Underworld I & II. What I don't like are games where you have to look "down" on your characters - I like to play in the 1st person perspective. Does anyone have a real good recommendation for a nice RPG ???
Please help ! I get lost in those game shops.
Old 01-16-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
carg
The Magister

Gideon, I checked the last 10 RPGs I played, and apart from LoL 3 and M&M 8, none were 1st person view. So I don't know if there's much on the market right now for you.
Since you don't list Daggerfall I assume you haven't played it yet, and though it's already a few years old, you might still like it. It should at least keep you busy 'til wizardry 8 hits the shelves. You can still can get it here.
And of course there is also wizardry 7 (wizardry gold), the predecessor of this game. You might check eBay (http://www.ebay.com) to get it.
But why don't you play W&W through for a second time? It's replayability is fairly high, esp. if you take only one or a few characters.

Moni: don't put your hopes too high about wiz8 appearing next month: in an interview a few days old I read they still won't announce a new publisher, and when they finally get one it will probably at least take two more months.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 03:11 PM   #4
Moni

Carg,
Thanks for the heads up! Too bad it is taking longer still, but that could be a good thing as well.
I never planned to hold my breath because original release date was early last year if I am not mistaken.
That's fine, let 'em work out the bugs & soup it up the best they can...I'll have it when it hits the shelves!
In my past experiences with Wizardry games (Nemesis excluded~too pricey~only one character albeit the graphics were kick butt), I trust it will be worth the wait.

: )
Moni

P.S. Wizardry Gold was an excellent game and is also available along with the Wizardry Series #'s 1-6 on the CD "The Ultimate Wizardry Archives" Available at a great price for all 7 games!

I spent many months playing Daggerfall too, another great game...the only one I never beat though!
Old 01-20-2001, 06:52 PM   #5
Dwarf

Such a shame that as soon as I installed Windows 98 Daggerfall sprung a leak. I was the only thing that could move! Not only that but it became even easier to become "stuck between the walls" as I call it and I got couldn't move when crouching exept to turn around.So since I coulgn't be a simple Redguard Dwarf Fighter type (my own personalised Paladin Class) with an axe and hammer, I left it because it didn't seem fair to be the only moving thing.In a later patched version the monsters regained the power of mobility (as long as I hit them to knock them of their stuck points and there were no walls neabry).Also targeting spells in Daggerfall was an absolute nightmare.I'd suggest Descent to Undermountain but the monsters never miss (I'm talking AD&D 1st Ed AC-7 here and still being hit by Goblins 18 times out of 20) and they all had maximum hit points (sometimes illegaly high amounts). But it was okay.
Old 01-20-2001, 09:49 PM   #6
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Activision's Vampire the Masquerade is very cool if you want something a bit different. I'm eagerly awaiting the werewolf game that's supposed to come out soon.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote