Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 09:08 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Hi, I've been thinking about getting Wizards and Warriors but I havn't got around to it so far. Could you tell me if it's worth it? And why? What's it like? I'm very fond of all AD&D type games, BGII, Icewind Dale etc. By the looks on the box this looked a little like the old Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master. Please enlighten and inspire me. =)
Hoggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 09:19 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

There are many BIG fans of this game on this forum and we're all going to tell you the game is great!! There are bugs, but that doesn't bother us! This is a smaller game world than the likes of BGII which in my book is a plus! Others really like those huge game worlds.

I suggest you go looking to see if there is a DEMO you can download and try for W&W. That way you can get a feel for yourself what the game is like.
There are also some threads on this subject that if you want me to, I can bump back up to the top.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 09:34 AM   #3
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Yes please, would appreciate it =)
Hoggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:28 AM   #4
Moni

Wvy is right, we all love it!

Small bugs....itty bitty SQUISHABLE bugs!!!

: )
Moni
Old 01-12-2001, 02:20 PM   #5
emilyh
Welcomed New User

It's fun, especially if you like fantasy RPGs. It is similiar to Might and Magic.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:25 PM   #6
Absynthe

One thing that I love about this game is finding an artifact or item that I have no clue what to do with. I find that I have to be careful about throwing things away or selling them before I know what they're for. Of course I also tend to carry around useless crap for a while sometimes, too.
Anyway, it's nice not having a completely linear game in which you go after one item at a time and can't find it 'til you get the quest, etc.
Anybody remember the white rubber bear from Wiz 7? carried that thing forever and never did find out what it was for...
Old 01-12-2001, 04:51 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

absynthe makes the heart grow fonder

OH, SORRY, I just couldn't resist!!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 05:48 PM   #8
Moni

Ha Ha I faintly remember toting around a white rubber bear myself...wondering now if I FOUND him in the Monk's Temple or of he had some use there. It's been a long time!
: )
Old 01-12-2001, 06:03 PM   #9
Absynthe

Sounds like a tabloid headline, doesn't it?
Just found out from a friend that the rubber bear increased your swimming skill. Which explains why it was found in the monks temple where the wading pool was located. Good recall there, Moni.
BTW, how about a poll for puns on posters names? Sounds like something up Wyv's alley, or maybe Efreeti Genie?
Old 01-12-2001, 10:05 PM   #10
Lily the Ranger

I have truly enjoyed this game . . . so much so that I am playing a second time around and will probably keep it on my machine for a third go with the old advanced characters. The game is very easy to get into . . . oh, let me start with the disclaimer that I have had very few crashes and fewer bugs. The character developmnent in this game is fanatastic; and the thing is, with some gold and a guild membership you can go into whatever role (paladin, warlock, etc.) you want . . . you can plan to acquire various traits and skills, forming your character in the way that pleases you. You pick your spells, as you rise up, more become available. I really enjoyed the creation of my characters (wanted to try them all). The game will allow you to make major mistakes so SAVE, talk to characters first, kill later, SAVE, becareful what you drop in town, and most importantly have a SAVE system, so if you miss something important you can go back. I don't play a game to finish it . . . or get to this level etc (although cure poison, ID item, resurrect where things I actively pursued!) I mostly play to be in it. There are some tough puzzles but if you get fed up there is the forum so what ya got to lose. Some bummers are no clock, no rest mode. But it is really neat and there aren't any other games that I played twice. MM 6 was pretty good, MM 7 I never finished (titans yuk). If you are just looking to charge thru a game and not experience it - I wouldn't recommend it. But if you get into your characters and being very pleased at outwitting some aspects of the game and like the scenery come on in! I really love the view (is it first person?) One of my few combat gripes is I don't have a battle grid or something to place my characters on to protect those ones that seem to have "tasty morsel" written on their foreheads. This game was definitely worth the money to me!

Rubber Bear? Must be a pool toy!