Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2000, 08:16 AM   #1
jezza

In attacking Mummies and Wights I'm advised that my "Weapons have no effect". I understand that I may need to use magic missiles to assault them (am I right?). I don't have this spell in my book; where can I get a magic missile spell or can I use some other type of weapon?

Thanks,
Old 10-10-2000, 09:30 AM   #2
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

You should be well able to slay them with magical melee weapons as well. I think you can buy a Magic Missile scroll in Kuldahar, in the Mage Tower (forgot the dude's name): it's to the north western part of the map (near where you first enter Kuldahar).

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 10-10-2000, 01:45 PM   #3
perrauld

OK but where are you supposed to find magical melee weapon? The vale fights are nearly the first ones and I have not yet found a lot of stuff.
Old 10-10-2000, 10:35 PM   #4
Larry

weapons, +1 or better.
Old 10-11-2000, 03:13 PM   #5
dimon

well, I found hammer+1 from the myrkul cleric in the buig tomb. I also bought shortsword for my firghter/thief. You can also find longsword+1, but I sold it. Those 2 weapons are enough to deal with wrights//mummies I've met so far (just finished level 1 of big tomb.)
Old 10-11-2000, 10:50 PM   #6
Larry

the hint book suggests that blunt weapons work better than sharp ones against undead...is that true for ALL undead ??, or just the ones you can break up like skeletons??
Old 10-16-2000, 02:28 PM   #7
djspider

AH right,
The best way i found was using the magic stone spell (cleric- plus something for undead) and also if you open the chest behind the blacksmith in Kuldahar (a theif with good open locks will do as will the knock spell) you will find conlans hammer, this is good against iorn golems and allso harms creatures who are not harmed by non magical wepons (wights and mummys)