Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sad I was injured today at work

Today I suffered a grievious injury at work I am sorry to say. While cutting a toplate loose in a remodel project with a sawzall (reciprocating saw) the piece fell and hit my finger tip. Yes there was profanity. There was more later as you will hear. I am left handed, the injury was on the right hand. When I sit on the deck or at my computer my beer is at the right. I open it with my right pointer finger. I think you see where I am going with this. I am having to reach across and open my beer with my left hand. I long for the days where I used my pointer finger to open my beers, and this injury could be up to 4-5 days to heal. I ask for your thoughts and prayers (if you're religious) to heal my finger sooner. If you are in Colorado and capable of casting cure light wounds I would appreciate it.
Thank you my friends,
LoA
Old 07-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: I was injured today at work

Given the severity of this injury, I am assuming you have all your affairs in order. If not, contact a lawyer and get everything drawn up.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Given the severity of this injury, I am assuming you have all your affairs in order. If not, contact a lawyer and get everything drawn up.
Damn, actually I dont have the will current. Thanks man I'll get on that! I thank you for the support.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
Kezardin
Elminster

Maybe a generous soul will take pity on your plight and send you a few of these handy devices to see you through these dark times
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Alternatively, you could just buy a keg, a large trashcan, and lots of ice. Once the initial tapping is done, you can just work the tap with the palm of your hand, no fingers required, and, there is the added benefit of not having to get up every once in a while to get a new beer, if you place the keg beside your desk.

On the not so lighter side, I feel your pain, literally, since I very nearly cut half my left thumb off with a worm drive saw. A goodly portion of it is missing, and it was on my left hand, and I used my left thumb to press the space bar since I learned how to type. It made gaming extremely difficult, until I learned to use my right hand's thumb to push it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I thank you all for the support, the positive waves have helped it feel much better! Kez I never knew those existed lol, hopefully I wont have to order one. Robert I hate those worm drive saws! And here I am back where everyone uses them. They dont even sell them in Lowes or Home Depot on the east coast. I use a regualar Makita saw.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Oh man, not the beer finger! Maybe your severe injury will qualify you to get one of those helper monkeys LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: I was injured today at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezardin View Post
Maybe a generous soul will take pity on your plight and send you a few of these handy devices to see you through these dark times
Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I get injured regularly with my kids at the park. I jammed up my arm something fierce when I fell about a week ago, and missed my fall with my hand, but had my Rolex catch on the slide and slam against me with such force that it tore a ligament. Yes, I'm sorry for you. Yes, we all suffer injuries. Yes I'm old. Yes, my Rolex really did injure me. Get over it, you ■■■■■, I did. Be a f'n man.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I hear they put beer in bottles, LoA.