Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #11
skywalker
Banned User

John I really wish you would stop getting so personal with me. If you want me to shut up and not post here anymore just say so...I will.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #12
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well if you can get impeached for lying about a blow job ,I'd be for a little prison time for Chaney and maybe an ass whoopin for Bush and Ashcroft!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 AM   #13
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

john,

clinton didnt get impeached for a BJ, he got impeached for

1) Purjery
2) Obstruction of Justice
3) Destruction of Evidence
Old 04-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Which occurred during a witch hunt based on a BJ. At least it resulted in the word "oral sex" finally being accepted over the air waves by the FCC. Couldn't keep the folks at NPR from blurting the word every 5 minutes.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:12 AM   #15
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Woodward on Larry King Live admitted that there was no secret deal between Bush and the Saudi's to get oil prices down to influence the election. He said there was nothing covert or unusual about a request from the Bush administration for help in lowering the price of oil. He backed off 60 Minutes' stance quite a bit when asked specific questions regarding the supposed impropriety. He admitted it's a long standing practice for the Saudi's to help the US keep the oil prices down, and so not unusual that Bush requested they help lower the price. He's asked before, and he'll ask again.

***In fact, I believe that while campaigning Kerry has said that as president he would ask the Saudi's to help lower and stabilize the price.

The Saudi representative said that they always try to keep the price of oil between $23-30 per barrel. They also pointed out that they have had requests from many presidents to help keep the price down over the years since the oil embargo including Clinton in 2000 and Carter in 1979. Now I'm sure Reagan and I KNOW Bush '41 did the same, but I mention the Democratic presidents because those were the ones specifically named on LKL by the guest.

The Saudi's admit they try to help stabilize the US economy because a strong US economy is good for everyone. High prices might seem great on the surface, but they don't want to kill the golden goose's economy.

They also claim they would never attempt to use oil politically to motivate a US election which is complete and utter BS of course, but the bottom line is Woodward admitted there was no covert deal regarding the election despite what was played up on 60 Minutes.

And let's be honest, of all the incumbents from the last 30 years, Bush '43 is probably the one they'd least like to see re-elected. He's too much trouble.

[ 04-21-2004, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 04-21-2004, 11:24 AM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Regarding plans to attack Iraq.

Does anyone remember the hooplah here when there was information leaked regarding the retargeting of the US nuclear arsenal? It's done by every incoming administration, but it was this big deal because new targets were on the list.

The same is true with contingency plans, they are always remaking and revamping.

Bush may or may not have been too focused on Iraq, but I'm not taking Mr Clark's word for it because too much of what he has said and now says conflicts. Mr Woodward I'm willing to listen to, but only what he says regarding the book and not the sensational interpretation of the media which has so far been refuted by the author.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #17
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Woodward seems to have lost the integrity he showed while working on Woodstein (the nickname that his collaboration with Carl Bernstein was called way back in the 70's) to uncover the truth of Watergate.

He at one point claimed (not sure if it was this book) to have dodged a group of Secret Service agents to get a death bed confession about the Iran Contra incident, the knot in his version of it is that the man who gave the supposed confession was comatose at the time.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:14 PM   #18
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

skywalker, be less sensitive here. john was simply disagreeing with your post, not with you on a personal level.

besides, it is true. america does have a strategy for war with any nation that it deems to be an even minor threat, no big news there, almost every country does (even france: we surrender!!!)
Old 04-25-2004, 08:24 AM   #19
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by promethius9594:
(even france: we surrender!!!)
Oh that's just mean!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:19 AM   #20
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

yeah, but you know you liked it, oblivion.