Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2001, 12:06 PM   #1
Udunthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am currently engaged with a creature who apears to be able to cast this spell forever. I tried summoning monsters, but when they become imprisoned, they never unsummon. This means after 5, you're stuck. Imprison on my main is, of course, instant death. How do you deal with this type of attack?

I understand that Freedom scrolls exist (though I don't have any), but if this creature can just keep casting then there isn't much point anyway.

For those who know which creature I am referring to, I am not looking for spoilers/startegy on that particular combat. I just want to know if the creature ever runs out of this spell, or if there is some way I haven't figured out to deal with it.
Old 04-05-2001, 12:11 PM   #2
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

To prevent from getting mazed you can berserk, or use protection from magic scroll (get two in waukeens promenade, Ribalds store), or cast spell protection (abjuration).

You are talking about Kangaxx. Try the search button, there are ALOT of posts about different strategies to defeat him.

------------------

Hmmmmmm...Yes, that must be it
Old 04-05-2001, 01:57 PM   #3
Lord Shield

Yep. Spell Shield vs Abjuration. "
Hey Kangaxx, imprison this"

Old 04-05-2001, 02:38 PM   #4
Udunthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Perhaps my experience is different than most, but here's what happens for me. I cast spell shield and the other one (same but lower level). This means that he has to cast 4 Imprisons to overcome the shields and then get 1 to stick. So? He casts 4. Then he turns to my other characters and casts more. Does the bastard ever run out?

Old 04-05-2001, 03:25 PM   #5
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Kangaxx casts 1 imprisonment spell per round, and sadly no - it cannot run out so get blasting and kill the thing.

The easy way is to buy a protection from magic scroll from the adventurer's mart and go and smack him.

Oh, by the way - you need a +4 or +5 weapon to hit him, I think

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 04-05-2001, 03:34 PM   #6
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, that's right, +4 or higher. Mace of disruption usually kills him in one blow, but I don't know if it must be the upgraded version though.

------------------

Hmmmmmm...Yes, that must be it
Old 04-05-2001, 06:54 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Wah, I think you used the spells that absorb spell levels. The spell I was referring to was Spell IMMUNITY, not Spell Shield (my fault. Typed the wrong one in). When you csat this, you get the choice of which school of magic to protect against. The one on the left is Abjuration.

Old 04-05-2001, 06:58 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Berserker, is the way to go!! (provided you enrage him/her, since by enraging the berserker becomes immune to imprisonment)

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 07:11 PM   #9
Lord Shield

If I'd known that, I wouldn't have used up a Scroll vs Magic on my Berserker

Old 04-05-2001, 07:48 PM   #10
BG2SOA

If you're talking about the demi lich the easy way is to cast protection vs undead and go beat him up with +4 weapons,he won't even attack you.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich