Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 12:54 AM   #1
Moni

Rather than pushing the old poll up & making people wait on all the threads to load, (I DO recommend everyone look it up & read it though if you need some true belly laughs & would like to be inspired by some members talent) I thought I would revive it here so newer forum members can share with us their funnier experiences, stories & what not while playing the game.

The only new dumb thing I have done was to try to open a chest with a Whirlwind trap & have it go off. Rather than try to back up into safety (if I ever could) I sat & watched in amazement as my characters were torn apart by tornadic winds!
(Thinking "Wow! That is a powerful trap, what a great spell that will be to get!)
All the while, there is repeated mega damage going on in my character's bodies & brains. Before I could snap myself out of the shock of the power of the trap, I was standing there with one guy left alive wondering "What do I do now?"
LOL, Can you say RE-LOAD?!?! HE would have never made it back alive to Brimloch Roon to try to revive everyone!
: )
Moni
Old 01-18-2001, 05:32 PM   #2
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Scene: In Brimloch Roon area, swimming around

Mara Jade: "Ouch! That blasted fish is going to pay!"

Skar: (Grumbling) "Here we go again. Why can't you remember where we parked the ship? We wouldn't have to swim if we had a ship."

Nick: "Yes, but we need all those crab shells anyway, so we might as well swim."

Nick: "Take that, you rotten piece of sushi!"

Skar: "You missed!"

Nick: "But he's so close!"

Mara: "What? I had him!"

Skar: "We're sinking lower! Swim faster!"

Barok: "Must be that mace of yours. I knew we should have dropped it."

Skar: "No, it's that all that blasted plate mail you're wearing."

Nick: "Arrgh, take that!"

Nick: "Mmm, not bad sushi."
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 10:44 PM   #3
adam mage

TAOQ: Ok AZE, you got the 'Flamestrike' spell now... just don't do what I did.... striking the enemy up CLOSE! just keep your distance...
AZE: yeah yeah... I've been watching you screw up plenty of times...plus, you getting your kicks off shocking those glowbugs...
TAOQ: respect your elders you little...
Erin: shut it you two! what's behind us?
TAOQ: It's a wailing specture...
Erin: Morik! you got the bloodscent! why didn't you tell us?
Morik: ghosts don't smell remember?
AZE: oh... it's a ghost. big whoop
TAOQ: never underestimate our enemies...
AZE: yeah yeah....now as good as any to use this spell... (gestures)
Erin: shut it already! just do it! I'm out of 'Dust to Dust' spell! sheesh...
TAOQ: no! we're too close!
*BLAST!*
Old 01-18-2001, 10:57 PM   #4
adam mage

Adam: I'm tired of dragging Gambyt's body around...

Erin: oh be quiet! how am I supposed to know that there's a dragon up north?

AZE: I could've taken him on...

Erin: with what? with our puny little spells and weapons?

Morik: wow! he was BIG!

TAOQ: Erin, have you forgotten?

Erin: forgotten what?

TAOQ: your spell?

Erin: huh?

TAOQ: check your spell book

Erin: which one? ABC or magic?

TAOQ: don't try my patience....

Erin: all right all right I'll check...
Let's see... 'Bless', 'Heal', 'Charm'...

AZE whispers to TAOQ: she could use some charm for herself....

Erin: I HEARD THAT! 'Great Heal', 'Dispel Undead', 'Heroic Might', 'Force of Mind,'Resurrect'...............RESURRECT?
d'oh!

TAOQ: ...aaaannnnd guess who needs to be resurrected?

Erin: oh shut up

Gambyt: huh?..what?...who?... last thing I remember that I tried to pet the dragon...

Erin: feel better now?

Gambyt: yeah only this time I believe I saw Elvis on the other side...

Adam: here we go again...
Old 01-19-2001, 01:38 PM   #5
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Skar: "Where is that darn boat?"

Barok: "You were at the wheel last. You're the one who's supposed to remember where you left it."

Skar: "It wasn't my idea to jump out."

Barok, growling: "We needed the sea shells. You kept complaining about getting wet and drowning like a rat."

Asha: "Look! There it issss!"

Barok: "I sense a sea shark."

Skar groans: "Not again!"
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 05:16 PM   #6
Dwarf

At the gates of Brimloch Roon, a now familiar party encountered an old man who spoke with a strange accent and limped.He told them that the people of this seaside city used seashells as currency (specialy registered ones that only bankers could recognise due to a subtle magic aura). Shortly afterwards an interesting conversation started up in a bank and went something like this.

Banker: Look, I've told you before,we only take gold here, not shells.
Shevine Callishan: But they're so beautiful, artistic works of natures creation,surely you can see you're way to recompensing us for such-
Durin: I said we shouldn't 'ave trusted that old git.
Banker:Look, I can't even add them up on the abacus, I mean, how much did you pay for them?
Father Telarshamefacedly) Five hundred gold pieces each.
Banker: Well I'd have to admit that they have a certain artistic value, I'll have to allow for inflational detriment to value, and the fact that they're second hand.
Carenis the BarbarianGrowls threateningly).
Gertha DrinTugging at a loose plait) Know what I think Durin?
Durin: Aye but it wouldn't be fair trade.
Sister Lisa: Now now, tempers everyone.
Banker: SO they should amount to fourty seven gold pieces each.
Carenis: Wrrraaaaaghhharrrnagthruknuk Bwwwaaaarrrrrrlanshut!

(Carenis hoists the banker up into the air,Telar and Lisa try to stop him, Shevine casts a personal guilt obscurement spell, Durin breaks open the seals upon the vault door and Gertha Drin the Gnomish Ninja leaps up onto the counter and begins to batter the helpless bank clerk with her newly aquired two handed abacus)!
Old 01-20-2001, 05:20 PM   #7
Moni

LOL, Dwarf! How nice to see you & you're inspiring wit here again! I had missed you!
: )
Moni
Old 01-20-2001, 06:06 PM   #8
Dwarf

Well, in the words of the old joke "I was ill". In fact I was only conscious for about two or three hours a day, broken up into little two or three minute chunks devided by three to four hourly bundles of sleep.So nothing seriously wrong with me, I was just totally shattered and seemed to need a rest (for the last fortnight).Anyway, let me commence with the actual stuff that bears some relevance to the subjects above.

Somewhere in the Boogre Caverns is an unusual scuplture.Not many people take to carefully sculpting a Boogre skull by carving out variously shaped notches,gouged marks and holes, but when Carenis the Barbarian gets angry he really gets angry. That witch's head currently resembles a cross between a Rubik's Cube, a piece of Swiss cheese and a road accident (AXE-I-DENT ).