Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2003, 02:47 AM   #1
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is pretty wild, seems too good to be true.

http://www.discover.com/may_03/gther...e=featoil.html
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 04-27-2003, 02:54 AM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

It is too good to be true, now we can solve waste disposals and our supply of fossil fuels may run out in the next 50 years, but at least we have a machine to back up the supply now. Excellent news [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2003, 03:02 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

won't those guts be too smelly?
Old 04-27-2003, 06:50 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Hmm...isnīt the use of fossil fuels the biggest cause of the green-house effect? With this we would have a more or less unlimited supply of oil which would make us use more and more.
I donīt want to sound like a pessimist, but weīve seen before that one solution sometimes results in more problem.
If itīs true it sounds brilliant and so easy. The simplest solutions are sometimes the best.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:03 AM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

it talks about puuting things like domestic animals and such in there. i dunno about you but i don;t wanna cremate my pets for oil! besides, if we stopped burying animals and such we would stop doing our part to replace what we have taken. i realize it is unlikely ppl will ever be put in, and we have that source to put in the ground, but still...i dunno...but my cat is not getting turned into oil!
Old 04-27-2003, 10:17 AM   #6
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

So they would breed loadsa cats and dogs and then burn them?
Hmmn more oil...that means all the oil places wont make people rich and cat and dog breeding farms will...im gonna go buy me some cats n dogs n become a millionaire... so this is how Bill Gates felt when he got into computers...
Old 04-27-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Put dead animals in the machine, ehhh, I must've missed that part [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Hmm...isnīt the use of fossil fuels the biggest cause of the green-house effect? With this we would have a more or less unlimited supply of oil which would make us use more and more.
I donīt want to sound like a pessimist, but weīve seen before that one solution sometimes results in more problem.
If itīs true it sounds brilliant and so easy. The simplest solutions are sometimes the best.
There's a man in Japan that knows how to repair the Ozone Layer, the only reason why his idea hasn't been put into action is because goverments are too damn cheap to want to repair it. It's sad when money gets in the way of people's lives [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]