Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I recently returned from an adventure on the eastern coast. And I've found that suddenly travel is a lot more expensive than it used to be - double actually. I noticed it first in the mages guild where I'd just got advancement and I thought it might be because of that, thought that seemed unlikely since advancement's supposed to make things cheaper, but I've also found taking the ferry around Vivec costs twice as much, as does the ship from Ebonheart. What's going on with that? I'm not diseased or otherwise antisocial, if anything I'm more personable than ever!

Also, is there any way to leave a house and join another? I joined the House Hlaalu when I just started out not realising what a bunch of losers they are . Plus I'm a knight and their 'go steal this for me' tasks aren't really suited to my skills. I'd much prefer to join the House Redoran. Can I quit? Would I have to kill someone or something to do it?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 02:53 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you want to lower down the cost? try raising their disposition towards you or raising you merchantile skill.

Once you join a house, you cannot join other house. even if they expel you.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:12 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

He asked why are the prices suddenly higher, not how to lower them.
Ahyway, I don't know.

The second one I do know. It is truth that you cannot join another house. You can however, force yourself to join another Great House by typing this in the console (you would replace Faction_Name with the name of the house you want to join):
PCJoinFaction "Faction_Name"

Check this FAQ.

[ 04-04-2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:00 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have teories. either your disposition has suddenly drop drastically, or you have completed one of the main quest where you are named as neverine. or something as...

true that you can use console command to join all 3 house. but some of their quest will clash!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:00 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm a she, actually Vedran

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I have teories. either your disposition has suddenly drop drastically, or you have completed one of the main quest where you are named as neverine. or something as...
Well it certainly hasn't! Every time I level up I put more in personality, as I said I'm not diseased, not an outlaw, and I find it hard to believe that every person with a boat/silt strider/teleport spell suddenly likes me less than they used to, especially the guild guides since my reputation in the mages guild is only increasing. And yet I used to pay 9gp to teleport, now it's 18gp.

And I haven't been named the Nevarine yet, the Ashlander wise woman reckons I might be but not yet.

Could it possibly have something to do with joining the Morag Tong? I assume joining them is the reason the Thieves guild don't want me to join them anymore even though I turned them down a couple of times early on. Although when I took the guild guide from Balmora to Sadrith Mora I was already in the Morag Tong and it was still 9gp [img]graemlins/confused3.gif[/img]

Bugger about the house thing then. Well nevermind. I'll just become kingpin in the Fighter's guild and Imperial Legion then
Old 04-04-2003, 06:08 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have join morag tong as well. but the price is still low. must be something else.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:45 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I'm a she, actually Vedran
I know, I know. Just a typo.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:37 PM   #8
B_part
Quintesson

Maybe some plugins. I recall travel fares suddenly increased after I added a plug in with some new silt strider routes... maybe that's your case?
Old 04-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by B_part:
Maybe some plugins. I recall travel fares suddenly increased after I added a plug in with some new silt strider routes... maybe that's your case?
Nope, no plugins. Haven't added anything to my game, haven't even patched it

Well it seems to have stopped now, the guild guides are charging me 6gp a trip now. Very weird [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 05:22 AM   #10
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
[QB] Haven't added anything to my game, haven't even patched it
[QB]
Well, unless you have xbox, you should.... patches solve many bugs, many of which are critical to the game. Also, they add a health bar for your enemies, which is really useful in your first levels...