Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 06:14 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

Boy what a gorgeous day to cap off a beautiful weekend. This may sort of thing may seem commonplace to many of you but here in Minnesota we just came off a long hard winter and this is truly the first beautiful weekend of the year.

Bilqis,

How are things North of Brainerd? Are you inundated with fishermen hauling boats and toting beer and powerbait?

Hopefully, the reason this board seems quiet is because all the mothers that post here are being pampered or entertained or something of the like.
Old 05-13-2001, 07:28 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

It was a beautiful day here in Northern Illinois too. I spent the morning outside in the back yard with both kids, and while my daughter napped I took my son mini-golfing. Unfortunately, my wife isn't feeling well and hasn't had a chance to enjoy the weather.

Enjoy the weather before the mosquitoes set in . . .

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:13 PM   #3
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
It was a beautiful day here in Northern Illinois too. I spent the morning outside in the back yard with both kids, and while my daughter napped I took my son mini-golfing. Unfortunately, my wife isn't feeling well and hasn't had a chance to enjoy the weather.

Enjoy the weather before the mosquitoes set in . . .

Wow! Sounds like a great way to spend a day So, are you a serious golfer?

Did you have to mention the mosquitoes though. You snapped me right out of a state of denial that I would prefer to maintain as long as possible. Although, here in Minnesota we do have warning - you can hear them coming, just listen for the sound of helicopters! After all, they are the state bird.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:20 PM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:

Bilqis,

How are things North of Brainerd? Are you inundated with fishermen hauling boats and toting beer and powerbait?

Hopefully, the reason this board seems quiet is because all the mothers that post here are being pampered or entertained or something of the like.
Yup! There were tons of fisher-people here this weekend. We actually had TRAFFIC! *gasp* And they had great weather all weekend! Fishing Opener is the beginning of the tourist season here in the northwoods. Be warned.. if you plan to come this way from now til September, watch out for pick-up trucks and RVs pulling boats or campers! You'll be taking your life in your hands....

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:22 PM   #5
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

No. I know how to golf, but that's it.

We love it outdoors though. We take walks in a nearby nature preserve about once a month -- even in January, and play in the back yard almost daily now.

Didn't mean to make such a harsh return to reality. I just love it outside from March until about the end of May. Then it starts getting so humid and the bugs set in. Hopefully we'll be able to have a screen porch in our new house -- moving Memorial Day Weekend.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:28 PM   #6
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Yup! There were tons of fisher-people here this weekend. We actually had TRAFFIC! *gasp* And they had great weather all weekend! Fishing Opener is the beginning of the tourist season here in the northwoods. Be warned.. if you plan to come this way from now til September, watch out for pick-up trucks and RVs pulling boats or campers! You'll be taking your life in your hands....

Thanks for the warning!

I've only been up as far as Brainerd once (on our way to Phoston-sp?). I thoroughly enjoyed the scenery. You're right it is a beautiful part of the country.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:32 PM   #7
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
No. I know how to golf, but that's it.

We love it outdoors though. We take walks in a nearby nature preserve about once a month -- even in January, and play in the back yard almost daily now.

Didn't mean to make such a harsh return to reality. I just love it outside from March until about the end of May. Then it starts getting so humid and the bugs set in. Hopefully we'll be able to have a screen porch in our new house -- moving Memorial Day Weekend.
It sounds as if our golfing abilities are similar.

I hope your move is an easy one. I am sure you're excited for the move but I know what a pain in the posterior it can be.

Old 05-13-2001, 08:34 PM   #8
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Yep. Most of the packing is done already and we have the entire weekend to move. We arranged to rent our current residence for a few days after we sell it so that moving doens't have to be an all-at-once sort of thing.

At this point, I'm just keep telling myself that it will all be over by the end of the month.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:44 PM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
We arranged to rent our current residence for a few days after we sell it so that moving doens't have to be an all-at-once sort of thing.

Smart!
Old 05-14-2001, 12:38 PM   #10
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Minnesota rocks, best place I've ever lived, tho I just got back from a weekend with an old Army buddy in Kansas City and let me tell you, that's the first time I've been tempted to move from Minnesota.

HI EVERYONE!!!! Sorry I've been gone, tons of stuff going on in R/L and I'm back now!! This place is decidedly devoid of steam and I plan on fogging some monitors again...

------------------
-Bard Extraordinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Champion Songster of Fast Fourward