Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 01:52 PM   #1
Tuor
Elminster

In an attempt to balance the whole 'Aerie is absolutely great' mob who keep posting, and have EVEN set up a bloody clan dedicated to the whining, wingless, wally (only clean word beginning with w I knew) here goes.

1) She looks about 10.
2) She whines non stop.
3) She is shush say it quietly.....ONLY MAKE BELIEVE
4) She does nothing that cannot be done better by another character.
5) Her hit points REALLY are dreadful-oh a fight with a gibberling I couldn't possibly- he might seriously injure me.
6) She advances too slowly
7) Her intelligence means she can't learn to many mage soells.
8) She whines non stop, I know I already said that but I felt it was so important I thought it deserved a second airing.

Yes I have played all the way through with Aerie in my party (for the sake of completion) and finished the romance with her all the way through ToB so I'm not being ignorant. However I'm drawn to the inevitable conclusion that Aerie is to coin a phrase 'utterly crap'

Thank you very much. Goodnight.

I may even set up an Anti Aerie Clan (the AA perhaps) let me know if you are interested.

[This message has been edited by Tuor (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

I don't agree on all things *looks like 10???* But I do think that Avatar is becoming a major ster...Memnoch, Z and Saz must have a day.. er.. what am I saying a WEEK off!!! j/k Z!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-26-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
IBut I do think that Avatar is becoming a major ster...Memnoch, Z and Saz must have a day.. er.. what am I saying a WEEK off!!! j/k Z!!!

The posts on the ALSB are no more in violation of the law than BG2 Bar 8 - Beersurection that is over 200 posts long. If that is to be allowed, being that it relates to the BG theme,,,then we can have a clan devoted on one of the NPCs on the same forum.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

I'm with you Tuor!
Let's call our clan SLBA, Spank the Little Bitch Aerie!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-26-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Actually, Aerie's only weakness is her low hitpoints, she can replace Anomen as Cleric and Edwin as mage, thereby freeing up space for another party member, and if you give her the Mace of Disruption, the Shield of Reflection and the Robe of the Good Archmagi, she's able to defend herself, I agree that her whining is irritating, but just play as a female character then you will be free of a lot of it since much of it is romance whining, her intelligence dosen't stop her advancement since it's not so fast that she will get any high level spells soon, and by the way, Aerie does NOT look like a ten-year old and who chooses their NPCs depending on how sexy they are anyway? If I wanted to do that I'd choose Viconia instead, definitely no Jaheira, those huge eyes freak me out a bit.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:58 PM   #6
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
I'm with you Tuor!
Let's call our clan SLBA, Spank the Little Bitch Aerie!

I welcome your sentiments. you can be the joint founder if you like.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:04 PM   #7
Haladar
Dungeon Master

You people are blaspheming against the great goddess Aerie, and her prophets Nalia and Jaheira. You must stop. Our beliefs are none of your business, and if you dont share them then you should just ignore us. If you continue this insulting, then you will suffer the consequnces.

-----------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian Knight at the Holy Temple of Aerie
Old 09-26-2001, 03:18 PM   #8
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

we mean no problems to you now leave us be or fase a hackers wrate

( and i do mean problems )
meet the 2second guy who hackt into Win 2000

------------------

so sweat , you find them no sweater than this ...
no prettier than this ..

you can geus who it is

!!!!! AERIE !!!!!!
and am proud to be a Platinum Spell Jammer of ALSB

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 03:29 PM   #9
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Haladar:
You people are blaspheming against the great goddess Aerie, and her prophets Nalia and Jaheira. You must stop. Our beliefs are none of your business, and if you dont share them then you should just ignore us. If you continue this insulting, then you will suffer the consequnces.

-----------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian Knight at the Holy Temple of Aerie
No actually I mustn't stop. 'smile' And no I'm not going to suffer the consequences either. If your beliefs are none of my business then mine are none of yours and by your own logic you shouldn't be interefering in this thread.

I'm going to continue posting on whatever damn topic I see fit whenever I see fit irrespective of what you or anyone else (except the moderators) say. This was intended as a good humoured laugh and an opportunity for an interesting debate.

This actually goes way back to an funny lively debate I had with Avatar-your founder about three months ago. if he can see the fun side of this I'm sure his disciples can. 'smile'
Old 09-26-2001, 03:33 PM   #10
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

a joke or what lol ?
embarrassment

------------------

so sweat , you find them no sweater than this ...
no prettier than this ..

you can geus who it is

!!!!! AERIE !!!!!!
and am proud to be a Platinum Spell Jammer of ALSB

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 09-27-2001).]