Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 11:24 AM   #1
Vampire

1/ Where are all the boots of speed? I know MaeVar has one, Astral Prison fighter has one and you can make one in Bodhi's Maze.
2/ When monks attack, is it ONLY with fists that they get extra attacks or is it with weapons as well. With the scarlet ninja-to, it saids 5att/round. Does this mean I get five attacks with the sword, or just with fists?

thats all I can think of....thanks!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:26 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I never got boots of speed from Mae'var...

IIRC, there are only 2 pair in the game. You apparently know where those 2 pair are located already...

Can't help on the Monk question...don't play a Monk.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:29 AM   #3
Vampire

My monk has 114% Magical Resistance...you should try it out for the amazing perks.
I am 100% positive Maevar has boots of speed.
But this guy Arkis Gan just kills you...part of the game
Old 06-14-2001, 12:13 PM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
2/ When monks attack, is it ONLY with fists that they get extra attacks or is it with weapons as well. With the scarlet ninja-to, it saids 5att/round. Does this mean I get five attacks with the sword, or just with fists?
Where did you see 5 attacks/round? I'm pretty sure that in BG2, it is capped to 4 attacks/round (without haste). And, your monk will only get 1 attack/round using any weapon (except Scarlet Ninja-Toe or Belm, which will give two), as Monks can only be proficient (one weapon slot) in all weapons.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-14-2001, 12:32 PM   #5
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
1/ Where are all the boots of speed? I know MaeVar has one, Astral Prison fighter has one and you can make one in Bodhi's Maze.

thats all I can think of....thanks!
spoiler

In the asylum, with 15 mythril tokens you can get them. They are through the door with the painting.....

Old 06-14-2001, 12:46 PM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
My monk has 114% Magical Resistance...you should try it out for the amazing perks.
I am 100% positive Maevar has boots of speed.
But this guy Arkis Gan just kills you...part of the game
When I killed Mae'var, I got Boots of Stealth. Of course, I killed him after Renal Bloodscalp asked me to...not before. You must have tried to whack him outside of the quest. That's the only thing that would cause Gath to come and spank you. He also shows up if you try to whack Renal...

As for Monks...I don't have anything against them, I just haven't played one as of yet. I do know, however, that they are being slightly nerfed in ToB. Their potential MR is being significantly lowered. I can't remember the exact cap, but I think it's 50%. As an offset, Wizard Slayers are being significantly upgraded and their potential MR is being increased. I guess the designers decided that Wizard Slayers should have a higher MR than Monks.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-14-2001, 02:01 PM   #7
trux

MaeVar doesn't have boots of speed he has boots of stealth. and monks only get their extra attacks with their hands because they can't speciliaze in any weapon.

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-14-2001, 02:02 PM   #8
trux

the magic resistance cap in ToB for Monks is 71% or something like that.

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-14-2001, 09:41 PM   #9
masteraleph
Elminster

Avatar has the right idea, just the wrong Shadow Theif. Renal has a pair of boots of speed, but you can't kill him- he disappears once you take bodhi's quests, and if you try before, Arkanis Gath will show up and kill you, so it doesn't help knowing that renal has them.

On monks, they only get the extra attack with fists (although, if you don't have the patch and don't have TOB, there's an occaional bug where they do).

On the monk thing for TOB, that totally ruins the monk class. I enjoyed him being really magic resistant, as I hate liches (although now that I think about it, aren't liches supposed to have a pretty potent physical attack?).
Old 06-15-2001, 06:14 AM   #10
Vampire

But then why does my character info page say my monk has 5 attacks per round when I am holding the scarlet ninja to?