Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-15-2001, 04:44 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i don't know what order people take the quests in, but the first few times i played going to spellhold/underdark was only after every topside quest was done, meaning that the party was pretty beefy.

so an imp tells you to flee the city once the matron is dead. hahahaha. why on earth would you run away now? the two most powerful people just died to a demon right in front of you. more than likely you've also already killed Qilue (for the aboleth, though you can browbeat it into not making you kill her). you've also done the Jarlaxl/Deimos quest and wiped out House Jaerlat [sp]. guess what? there's nothing left in the city but a few minor spellcasters (both slave merchants are), some fighters, and slaves! wipe the whole damn city out!

for a grey elf like myself, this was my favorite accomplishment.

and if this has already been discussed, excuse my ignorance
Old 06-15-2001, 04:50 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Heh well I did like taking control of the city in the last couple of times I have completed it. But I am much more of a main storyline person myself and after getting Bg2 right after a Bg1 game I decided to skip all the side quests and follow the child of bhaal storyline and stuff all the side quests. And im glad of it Because it made me get caught up in the storyline a lot more and also meant it had a lot more replayability in the last 11 times I have completed the game. Plus I couldnt kill even all the left over drow on my first game! I was only L10 at the end of the game for gods sakes!!! Thats what you get for not doing side quests But I dont regret it in the least.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-15-2001, 06:28 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh good. I'm not the only psychopathic Drow-killer around here. I never leave any Drow/Spider alive in the Drow City when I'm done. I even bother to enter the Taverns, houses and the second floor to exterminate all Drow life. By the way, I do this only with one melee fighter, the rest of the party stay put while the fighter with Boots of Speed and what-suchs, goes on a murderous rampage.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.