Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 07:03 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, here it is..

Call me insensitive or whatever, but i need your just and honest opinion... [img]smile.gif[/img]

So okay, I asked Joelle again to our Grad Ball, despite her having a bf... but that is not the thing really, because she still wants to go even if her bf doesn't want her to... the bf is an ass btw, but still a bf is a bf... oh well

next, the father, had this condition AGAIN on where he is going to take her to the venue and not me picking her up...

She was my prom date, and I already puked at the idea, but still wanted to for obvious reasons. This time around I am pissed for obvious reasons like I have been already her date, i have done them a favor and showed that i am a man of my word...

now after i had her answer me last night, i am thinking of not taking her.. of if you can even call it that... I am going to tell her that if you or your parents do not trust me then let's just say i am sorry for even bothering your peace... i have to draw the line somewhere i mean, this is already a bit unfair...

so the father will probably win, but i couldn't care less...

So am i actually doing thee right thing of drawing the line? I hope i am

Ryan
Old 03-07-2002, 07:11 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Sounds like a toughy, Bahamut. One thing I would suggest though is that she isn't responsible for the conditions her father lays down, chances are she's just as cross about it as you are. So bear that in mind before you decide what to do - you may end up punishing her and yourself for something her father insisted on, right?

Her bf is another matter, I dunno what to suggest there - silly question maybe, but why isn't he taking her?
Old 03-07-2002, 07:19 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

no... he is in college hehehe... quite immature for his condition if she went... but this is not the case... hehe but itdid urge me to take her more...

anyways, i am not punishing myself. my mom just made me feel more in control when i talked to her about this... she said that if the father doesn't want to, fine, then don't take her... if he cannot trust me then nevermind...

maybe yeah she as cross about it as i am, including the mother. but then i have had enough of this crap for years, we are going to college for crying out loud! if her father thinks he can protect her by bringing her to school and fetching her, well sorry old man that's not how it works... tough luck. moreover, i put her on the spot and that makes me feel a bit guilty. her bf doesn't want to, she got kinda depressed, and then her father this time... but then i am on the winning side, as i can find another date, and pick her up. this is a small thing so her father should indeed aloow her to be picked up. but then if not, sorry...