Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 11:12 AM   #11
dragon_lord
Elminster

Just checked on those demon knights with sk and they have lots of spells; imprisonment, horrid wilting, spell turning, finger of death etc. 75% magic resistance aswell.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:13 AM   #12
Altranan
Dungeon Master

OK just so you know. Without wanting to sound pushy I think that later on in the game it really becomes invaluable, in my humble opinion of course.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:15 AM   #13
Graccus
Dungeon Master

It was a good battle, but it was manageable with good critters (Mordenkainen's Swords, Fire elementals, etc...) No cheese tactics necessary, although it is helpful to have lower resistances memorized (and in a spell trigger, if possible). That way your spells will work. Magic Missile is your friend, BTW, as they will have to save vs each arrow.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:18 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I agree with Altranan, Crom Faeyr is the most powerful weapon in the game bar none. Even with ToB it's one of the top 5 weapons available.

------------------
Old 07-17-2001, 11:56 AM   #15
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

wow
thanks for all the responses!
hmmm level 14 really that's it? I am a single-class druid and i just installed ToB so hopefully i will go past level 14 ...

Yes my party relies heavily on summoned creatures- my only real tanks are Jaheira and Minsc :/

I cast 3 skeleton warriors, an aerial servant and a fire elemental, since i figure the skeletal warriors absorb much magic damage by being resistant themselves.. but yes they just aren't lasting long enough. I reserve viconia to keep re-summoning these to keep the demons busy.. while the others hack at each individually. I even turned minsc into a troll for that great regen ( cloak of the sewers) but he went down fast still. I have hasted, blessed, armored, and jaheira has a -11 ac and minsc has a -9ac too

Would be nice having that hammer since i have anomen in the party...eventually.

level 14 for a druid is it?? i still can't belive it, as i thought i saw in the manual they go higher, look at page 230?? i get "hit dice" whatever that is maybe?

Thanks again for the prompt replies!
Old 07-17-2001, 06:38 PM   #16
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

This was a *tough* battle. I'm not sure if you all will consider this cheesing out, but it was the way I beat em.

Summoned two Mord. Swords and two Skeletal Warriors (then hasted and blessed them), and one Animal (War Dog) Moved my whole party out near the bridge except for Edwin /w boots of haste, stoneskin, imp. invis., and magic resistance. Then I moved the dog up to be sacrificed, while at the same time moving Edwin out the door, and leaving the summoned swords and warriors behind (in each corner of the room).

The Demon Knights then appear, but by this time Edwin is through the door and has shut(!) the door behind him. Carnage is going on in the demon room now. The plan was to wait a bit, and then open the door with Edwin and cast some Abi-Dalzims to finish off the Knights, but as soon as I opened the door, Edwin got nailed with a Power Word, Fear (I shoulda cast resist fear!!) and became useless.

There was still one Sword and one Warrior left fighting the knights (and getting destroyed), so I decided to just rush in there and finish it while they were distracted. I cast stoneskin, spirit armor, imp. invis, fireshield, mirror image, blur, negative plane protection, and tenser's transformation on my character (dualled Kensai/Mage), kai'd, went in the room and just absolutely wasted the demon knights. I probably just should have done that from the start, would have saved time Not sure if any of the above could help you, Jeannada, but it was fun to remember anyway.

As for this little fight not being worth it if you don't use war hammers, or the 'evil' two handed sword, I disagree. You can still use the girdle, which, IIRC boosts strength to 21, something ANY party can use.