Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Hi all, I know I haven't posted in a while, but since there's a new sig group starting up I've decided to lend my support heh. Thats getting off topic though. For those who didn't know, these last few weeks have been a time of celebration in Japan. It's called "Summerfest" and its a holiday to sort of bid a farewell to summer through celebration. It's also a common thing in areas of Europe. Anyway, traditional type activities in Japan were created as activities to participate in during summerfest. One of these activities is using a thin peice of paper attatched to a plastic hoop to scoop goldfish out of a pond and place them in a bowl as a prize. of course the water can soften the paper, + the fish can also be too heavy for the paper to hold while wet. Square-Enix took this traditional holiday game and made it a little international in Final Fantasy XI. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, I made a little simulator of this goldfish scooping sport, as it's played in FFXI with screenshots from FFXI and lots and lots of lazy lazy programming. Without furthr adeu the game is here: http://www.freewebs.com/bladeofages/...nwithshino.htm It's not about to become the latest addictive time-consumer, but hey, I'm consuming enough time as it is... probably... anyway, enjoy and happy summerfest hehe.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:28 AM   #2
Spirits forever

hehe cool

Old 08-13-2004, 02:15 AM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Nice to have you back Dk, I was wondering where you've been. Thanks for still hosting my sig by the way.

I can't get the game to work, apparently the security on my computer is set too high.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:31 AM   #4
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Heya DK! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
I was just thinkin of you today, wondering where you've been. Welcome back! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2004, 03:22 AM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Hello /)eath

Don't be a stranger! Hang around dude.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:06 AM   #6
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

DK i seriously think you spend way too much time playing that game. i still remember the day you got it.....and i haven't had a decent conversation with you since.

good to see you do something other than final fantasy tho...

THOSE HAVE TROUBLE, CHECK YOUR INTERNET OPTIONS, FREEWEBS MIGHT BE A RESTRICTED SITE!

[ 08-13-2004, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 08-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

For some reason freewebs is a restricted site to some people >_> it shouldn't be though, it's a great service for hosting stuff and things and things and stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And sorry for never getting to hold a descent conversation with you, RevRuby. I'm so close to getting my dragoon in fully purple armor i can taste it. Once that's done I can go about the rest of my life hehe.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, /)eath. Good to see you, again.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
DK i seriously think you spend way too much time playing that game. i still remember the day you got it.....and i haven't had a decent conversation with you since.
I had trouble doing that before he got the game
Old 08-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I multitask... a lot...