Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-29-2002, 04:34 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Hi,
Moni asked me to post an open letter to her friends (and others at IW) about why she left. I'm not sure if this is within the rules, but she is my friend and there are just things that have to be done. This is one of them:

Quote:
From Moni:

Dearest Friends,
I apologize if I caused anyone any worry when you all saw that I am now "unregistered" at Ironworks. When I left a little over a week ago I both needed and intended to just take a break.
I had every intention of returning next week but I wasn't being given any peace (in e-mails), even when I blocked the senders' addresses. There are some mean-spirited people who post here (who will never publicly admit that they are mean-spirited). After 5 straight days of continued misery via others, I decided it would be best for me to remove myself from Ironworks and end those peoples "fun".
I am sorry I felt that way because for those of you who consider me your friend, and vice-versa, my heart is broken. I feel like I let you down by just disappearing altogether like that and it hurts. If you really knew how much I loved you guys!! (even those of you that I know can't stand me)

For those of you who wanted me gone, I am sorry I "let you win" but I have more important things going on in my life than to argue pointless arguments with people that can't allow another person even temporary peace and who can't even keep the (pointless) argument real lol.

I am doing better in school than I had ever imagined I could...taking 19 college credit hours in one semester (a couple of classes that were beyond my reach, so I thought) and I am passing them all with "A"'s and "B"'s. I need to keep all unnecessary stress at bay while I prepare for (and pass lol) my final exams...this means knowing I won't be getting nasty mail from people when I get online and my leaving here was the price I had to pay for that little pleasure.

As it stands at this point in time, my winter break is scheduled with a complete agenda that won't allow me much time online and then comes the spring semester when I plan to load up on classes again and graduate with my Associate's in one hand and an acceptance from a bigger college in the other.

Sooooo.....next summer.....if I have time to play any games and people can let go of their hang-ups (me included), I'll be back under a new name with a post-count to make up j/k lol
You'll know its me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I miss you guys very much! You've all made a difference in my life and I do hope that someday I feel like I can come back here (and live in peace at the same time). Time will tell.

In the meantime, please don't make any negative posts towards those who had a hand in pushing me away from Ironworks...if I wasn't ready to go to the extent I did, (and those of you who know me know lol) I would still be here.

Love yourselves and love each other; you never know when the person that you feel you dislike the most in the world will turn out to be the only person that you have in life to count on.

[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
Moni
Mods: Lock or delete this thread if I have broken the rules.

Mark
Old 10-29-2002, 04:41 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

That's a real shame. I always thought Moni was such a nice person. I can't really understand why people would want to send her 'nasty' email.
Well, it was her call...
Old 10-29-2002, 04:54 AM   #3
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Aww, I never really spoke to her but she seemed really nice.

[ 10-29-2002, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 10-29-2002, 05:03 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Keep in mind we have only one side of whatever happened here. Furthermore, by leaving and then having this letter posted, Moni didn't let whoever she incriminates one chance to expose his side of the matter.

Anyway, leaving has been her decision and hers alone, so whatever happened, let it rest.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:13 AM   #5
The Trickster
Manshoon

Well....that's a shock! When I was just getting to know her better.

I do wonder who it was that disturbed her so!
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:16 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Keep in mind we have only one side of whatever happened here. Furthermore, by leaving and then having this letter posted, Moni didn't let whoever she incriminates one chance to expose his side of the matter.

Anyway, leaving has been her decision and hers alone, so whatever happened, let it rest.
Keep in mind, that this letter was in response to people asking what happened in the previous thread, "Did I miss something...? Or was Moni banned....".

She has also cited, in her letter, that she was to blame as well as anyone else. She also did not point fingers at anyone by name.

I'm sorry you feel this way Moiraine.

Mark
Old 10-29-2002, 05:24 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Mark - I consider myself to be a friend to both yourself and the Princess, and hope to ever remain so. This however comes over in very poor taste to me. Moni knows who her friends are, and if this is the message she wanted to get across then email would have been the correct medium. The leter is laced with pathos and drama and leaves a very poor taste in my mouth. To me it is not an honorable means of exit. I am surprised that she would ask you to do this, and that you would agree to.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:25 AM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:

Keep in mind, that this letter was in response to people asking what happened in the previous thread, "Did I miss something...? Or was Moni banned....".

She has also cited, in her letter, that she was to blame as well as anyone else. She also did not point fingers at anyone by name.

I'm sorry you feel this way Moiraine.

Mark
[/QUOTE]Mark Skywalker, I thought my post was clear about it, I don't feel any way. I don't know what happened, and I don't care, I don't even know who are the 'mean-spirited' people she is referring to in her letter above. What I do see from that letter is that she leaves, then points accusing fingers at people who, now that she is gone, don't have a chance to expose their side of the matter. That was my point.

EDIT : Oh, and sure, she didn't point at anyone by name, but she did a very good job at raising speculations about who the 'mean-spirited' people may be ...

[ 10-29-2002, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Moiraine ]
Old 10-29-2002, 05:50 AM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

I was asked to post this for her and don't think I was unaware that I would catch some grief for doing so. I've been Moni's friend for about 2 years and she requested I post it, so I did.

I do not have anything to say whether the message was right or wrong or mean spirited. I realize that doing this could cause me trouble here, but I did it anyway. Sometimes friends do things and damn the consequences.

I don't know if this was a mistake or not, but I'm not sorry for posting it.

Looks like a case of damn the messenger for the message, eh?

Mark
Old 10-29-2002, 05:54 AM   #10
Epona
Zartan

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Moiraine and Davros, this is in bad taste.
I don't know what happened, but I do know that Moni herself decided to leave. No-one else made that decision for her. To ask that something is posted here after leaving which is accusing others of making her life a misery is not right or fair. We make our own decisions in life, she made this one, no-one forced her into it.

If anyone receives e-mails or PMs they don't like, IGNORE them, or if they are out of order, flaming or harrassing, report the sender to the webmaster. I don't know for sure, but it makes me wonder if there are any grounds for the finger-pointing - I'm sure had anyone done anything as bad as suggested they would have been reported and banned.

Instead we have a *public* accusation of fellow boardmembers with no way of validating the claims or otherwise, and with no way of the accused being able to respond! That is slanderous in my book, and a low thing to do. Not playing fair.

I'm sorry, I don't like to feel badly about people, but this has made me wonder, and shake my head in disbelief. I would have no wish to upset Moni in the slightest, but have to agree with Moiraine about the pathos and drama.

Members take note - if you don't like it here, either leave, or don't leave, don't make a song and dance about it. It is plain wrong in my book to leave and then make public accusations which, if they had any grounds whatsoever, would (at least in my opinion) have been dealt with by Ziroc already.

Sorry, this is just what I believe having read this thread. I have no strong feelings either way about it, just voicing my opinion.