Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2001, 08:10 AM   #31
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well a little post to show my appreciation for the Moderators and the work they do.
We can´t all get along, but with the moderators here, we are pretty close anyway. Excellent work you guys!!!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-13-2001, 08:33 AM   #32
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

showing my support for the Mod Squad

it's difficult to not let your emotions get better of you... but it's hard....

saw it too often at the other boards which is why I keep coming back here....

------------------

get away from my homepage
Old 09-13-2001, 09:24 AM   #33
Moni

Edited out of sincere appreciation for my feelings being considered and out of respect for our moderators in that I think I came down a little hard on you guys in making my point.

Memnoch,
You rock!
Thank you!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-13-2001).]

Old 09-13-2001, 01:05 PM   #34
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Moni, i wasnt online when the problems in that thread happened, when i was told and i took a look it was already closed. Maybe i would have deleted it, but maybe its good to have references of what shouldnt be said and done instead of keeping only the "normal" threads and create the illusion of a perfect world. Either way, a decission was already taken by a moderator (Sazerac in this particular case) and i NEVER would delete or reopen or anything similar with a thread that has already been closed, i respect too much my fellows to do that, and i will strongly support their decissions. And even if Sazerac wasnt right, as someone said we are human and we commit mistakes, dont expect that we will always be right in every decission we take, just expect that we will always do what we think is better for the board, coz sure that will happen.

Anyway, its true that LoA was VERY harsh in those comments, but you say that everything is ok now, and ive talked to him about it, so the best thing everyone can do is forget the incident, but learning from it.

I think that everyone is responsible when flaming, saying "he/she started flaming me so i replied" is not valid. If anyone gets flamed, the best thing he/she can do is report a mod by email, like saz said, and wait. ziroc and sazerac are americans, memnoch is australian and im spanish, so we cover a lot of time, but its still possible that no one of us is online, so dont be impatient, be sure that as soon as we connect and read your mail the first thing we´ll do is come here and try to fix it. sure its good that members try to deal with a flamer or a troll, but deal with it without flaming anymore... like they say (at least here in spanish) "it´d be worst the remedy than the illness".

thanks to everyone for replying to this topic

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 09-13-2001, 01:25 PM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Edited as a result of Moni editing her post above. No hard feelings.

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 01:34 PM   #36
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
dont expect that we will always be right in every decission we take, just expect that we will always do what we think is better for the board, coz sure that will happen.
I understand that. I tried to get my point (formerly above) across in as civil a manner as I could without stepping on toes and without causing hurt.
It was just something I felt was the right thing to do regarding all that went on in that other thread.
Memnoch responded by editing the opposing posts in that thread and in return, I came back here and edited what I had previously posted in this thread out of respect for you guys and the job you do, stating in my edit that I think I came down a little hard on you guys.
I know your position is not always an easy one to have but at the same time, neither is ours when we are being verbally accosted for our opinion or for standing up for it when it gets taken out of context for the sake of continuing an argument or taunting someone.
I feel like bent over backwards to show respect the other day and got repeatedly accosted anyway...that's my problem, not yours but I do thank Memnoch from the bottom of my heart for editing out those flames.

Quote:

Anyway, its true that LoA was VERY harsh in those comments, but you say that everything is ok now, and ive talked to him about it, so the best thing everyone can do is forget the incident, but learning from it.

Agreed. I just did not think it was right for it all to be left there.
I hope you can understand that.

Quote:

I think that everyone is responsible when flaming, saying "he/she started flaming me so i replied" is not valid. If anyone gets flamed, the best thing he/she can do is report a mod by email, like saz said, and wait. ziroc and sazerac are americans, memnoch is australian and im spanish, so we cover a lot of time, but its still possible that no one of us is online, so dont be impatient, be sure that as soon as we connect and read your mail the first thing we´ll do is come here and try to fix it. sure its good that members try to deal with a flamer or a troll, but deal with it without flaming anymore... like they say (at least here in spanish) "it´d be worst the remedy than the illness".
I agree with you and I admitted my role in the argument that went on. I would not expect to be shown any mercy if I flamed first or flamed later...if you want me to restore my above post to contain its original content I can.

But, when a mod is participating in a thread where such obvious flaming is going on, it should not go unnoticed or unchecked!
I have no problem sending an e-mail when no mods are around, but when they are, and even participating in making posts in a thread where someone else is being so cruelly flamed and nothing is done to the flamer, I, like anyone else here, would think, if I were the one being flamed, "What's the use?! They obviously see what has been said and I account for nothing on this board."

I hope you can understand my point of view here...not just in the post I made earlier, but in my editing it our of respect for you guys as well.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-13-2001, 01:37 PM   #37
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Edited as a result of Moni editing her post above. No hard feelings.

No hard feelings.

------------------

Old 09-13-2001, 01:40 PM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

But, when a mod is participating in a thread where such obvious flaming is going on, it should not go unnoticed or unchecked!

I hope you can understand my point of view here...not just in the post I made earlier, but in my editing it our of respect for you guys as well.

You didn't have to edit out your post...I spent 45 minutes typing a very well-written (if I do say so myself ) response to every single point you made just to edit it all out again! It's 3:30 am here by the way.

No harm done, I hear where you're coming from, even though I disagreed with some of the conclusions you arrived at!

------------------

Old 09-13-2001, 01:44 PM   #39
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

OK Moni, im glad to see that everything is ok now. and dont worry, its good that you all criticize us (in a constructive way), it will help us in our job and its always better to tell things that we dont like about each other than keeping them for a long time and being bitter without the other person knowing why. talking is always the solution (at least should be).

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 09-13-2001, 01:45 PM   #40
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You didn't have to edit out your post...I spent 45 minutes typing a very well-written (if I do say so myself ) response to every single point you made just to edit it all out again! It's 3:30 am here by the way.

No harm done, I hear where you're coming from, even though I disagreed with some of the conclusions you arrived at!

Aw! I'm sorry! You could have left it there! I would not have been offended, Memnoch (well I am saying that hoping I would not have been, knowing you )
45 minutes is a long time! I'm sorry!!!!!

I did not expect you all to agree with everything I said, but like I said, I do think I came down a bit hard on you all.
You are more than welcome to post it anyway if you think I could learn anything from it.

Thank you for being you, Memnoch.

------------------