Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-12-2001, 02:46 PM   #21
Charlie
Lord Ao

Sorry Moridin didn't catch this thread. I can't really add to Epona and Donuts comments other than to say sound advice. I won't give you any of my own as your sure to top up arrested, incredibly drunk or in some other form of trouble. I hope you enjoy your stay buddy and let us know the dates and area in which you are staying. London and its suburbs cover a big area and just because you have a London postal address it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be that close to the City itself. Keep us posted on the above score and we'll all do our best to advise.

This may still be worth a look at mate - http://www.londontown.com/

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:10 PM   #22
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Just a quick note

This is the address of my friend's flat
14 Cental Parade, Gunnersbury Lane, Acton, London

Anyone have any idea where that is???

Thanks

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 03-16-2001, 08:09 PM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Acton - that's over the other side of London to where I live - I haven't got any info on me at the moment, but I'll post again tomorrow when I have looked up the road in my A-Z London atlas!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-16-2001, 11:02 PM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

The good news is that Acton is in West London close to Heathrow airport (you are flying into Heathrow I hope) and is on the Piccadilly tube line so you won't have to change. It will be easy to get into central London by tube from there as well.

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-17-2001, 01:40 PM   #25
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Epona & Donut--

Thank you! Unfortunately I am flying into Gatwick But I am going to take the Gatwick express into Victoria station and my friend is picking me up there. Another quick question for you if you don't mind. My wife has two half-sisters that live in Truro. Can't find Truro on a map anywhere, do you know where it is and if a train goes there?

Thanks again!

------------------

Old 03-17-2001, 01:42 PM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Let us know how you go over their Moridin. Easy Everything are the cheapest IT?cafes around. There are three in London.

------------------
A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-17-2001, 01:45 PM   #27
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Will do Yorick!

How are things in Singapore? Are you over your throat infection? Safe travels to you!

------------------

Old 03-17-2001, 01:52 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thanks Moridin, no unfortunately. I'm going to go and get some sleep now actually, but noticed your reply. Things are very well here. I'm loving it. The people I'm with are such beautiful people. It's pretty amazing actually.

Take care of yourself bro.

------------------
A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-17-2001, 02:10 PM   #29
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Epona & Donut--

Thank you! Unfortunately I am flying into Gatwick But I am going to take the Gatwick express into Victoria station and my friend is picking me up there. Another quick question for you if you don't mind. My wife has two half-sisters that live in Truro. Can't find Truro on a map anywhere, do you know where it is and if a train goes there?

Thanks again!

Ack - Truro is in Cornwall, which is in the South West of England (near the end of the 'toe' bit that sticks out to the most southern and western bit of the country).

Transport connections to Cornwall from London are not too bad, but there are lots of delays on rail right now due to some accidents (there are now speed restrictions in place on many lines until rails are replaced to ensure that it is safe which is good, but it means journeys take longer), but if you have rellys there it is worth a go, and Cornwall is IMHO one of the more beautiful parts of the country so I would recommend you go. Try to get to St Ives too if you can. If you are interested in Arthurian Legends go to Tintagel Castle, and if you like picturesque villages go to Boscastle - they also have a witchcraft museum there which is interesting if you're in to that sort of thing!

Here is a link to the rail timetable query site, you only need enter 'London' in the departure box, you don't need to select a station, the results page will tell you what station the trains leave from.

Also the phone number for national rail enquiries is 0845 7484950 - this is the number when phoning from within britain, I guess you need to add ??44 to the beginning (?? being the code to dial internationally from wherever you are - I think england is 44 from most places).

http://212.87.65.227/bin/query.exe/en

And here is a link for National Express coaches who also go to Cornwall - cheaper but slower. It takes a few hours, but it's only a few hundred miles, all in a days work in the states, right??

http://www.gobycoach.com/?w=800&j=1

A link to the Cornish Tourist Board - official website.

http://www.cornwalltouristboard.co.uk/

And lastly, Cornwall Online, another useful resource.

http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/ctb/Welcome.html

Hope this helps!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:29 PM   #30
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Epona!!!!! WOW

Thank you for all of the information. It helps tremendously. I have to mention one wierd thing. I was on a "eurorail" website with train times/prices/everything and I put in London to Truro and it said "no trains operate between these two places"...just thought it was wierd. Maybe I have to go London--Cornwall--Truro?

I had no idea Truro was near Cornwall (my wife thought Truro was near Dover). It is actually a good thing b/c I was thinking of going to Cornwall anyway.

Again thanks for the Information

------------------