Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-30-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
Me of corse
The Magister

Just wondering if anyone's tryed to see the strengths of some classes? I recently tryed a cleric/mage and I Know what you thinking yeah nothing great to back stab with right well your wrong you can actually backstab with flame sword which is pretty nice and probally killer against water/cold based creatures [img]smile.gif[/img] There was one thing I found kindy cheesy is you can actually hide in shadows with a flame sword don't ask me how lol but it can be done Ive tested it [img]smile.gif[/img] Can anyone come up with something as creative ?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Me of corse:
Just wondering if anyone's tryed to see the strengths of some classes? I recently tryed a cleric/mage and I Know what you thinking yeah nothing great to back stab with right well your wrong you can actually backstab with flame sword which is pretty nice and probally killer against water/cold based creatures [img]smile.gif[/img] There was one thing I found kindy cheesy is you can actually hide in shadows with a flame sword don't ask me how lol but it can be done Ive tested it [img]smile.gif[/img] Can anyone come up with something as creative ?

I'm assuming you meant cleric/thief...It'd be great to be able to backstab with a cleric/mage...

Cheesy is going invisible with a blade barrier on and then standing around your enemies...I guess nobody notices they twirling mass of blades floating around the air..
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:59 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I am assuming that you used the Thief ability, Use Any Item so that your Cleric/Thief can use Long Swords.

Anyway... you can also do this, go Stealth and Turn Undead.

Random Vampire: "Do you hear that chanting? ARRGGGHHHH!!!!"
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:18 AM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Hmmm... a Cleric/Mage and a Cleric/Thief are both unable to use any sword, let alone a flaming one, so I'm guessing that you're talking about a Mage/Thief.

And yup, they're a pretty powerful class IMO. The spellcasting complements the thieving skills very well if you ask me.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 06:54 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I believe Me of Course is talking about a cleric/thief..using the spell flame blade, which would work.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:18 PM   #6
Me of corse
The Magister

Yeah I meant cleric/theif lol was half asleep but yeah complements the skills well and it also doesen't limit your armor any more then normal theif you can also backstab with the magical hammer spell [img]smile.gif[/img] tryed it the other day [img]smile.gif[/img]