Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 02:23 AM   #21
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Jafin
I can't speak for the original BG and its expansion, Tales of the Sword Coast (TOSC). But I do have BG2 (obviously! ) and I am enjoying it very much.

BG2 is both linear and non-linear. It is divided into 7 chapters, so in that sense the plot follows a linear path. But within each chapter it is completely non-linear. With a few exceptions, you can choose to do whichever quests you feel like doing, within each chapter, in whatever order you wish.

If you like RPGs in general, you can't go wrong with BG2.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-14-2001, 03:34 AM   #22
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Dubya,

This is a great forum with great members, with the exception of one obstreperous member who will quickly be removed.

"obstreperous", now theres a word I've not seen, or heard for a long, long time.

Old 06-14-2001, 05:28 AM   #23
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Jafin,

I want to echo the sentiments of the sane members of the forum here, and say that this is the most amazing CRPG I've ever played. I have Wizards and Warriors as well, and I enjoy it; but BGII is so much more involving. The conversations are different each time depending upon who is in your party, and it even has interactive romances! The game play is mildly linear on the main plot, but most of the game can be played at nearly any point. BGII follows 2nd edition AD&D rules, which are different from W&W and are better or worse depending on your point of view.

A warm welcome to this board! You will find many friendly people here who will help you through any challenging problems you may face. Oh, and by the way, Memnoch and Ziroc will have blocked Bagger by the time you read this I expect, so don't worry about unfriendlies over here.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:32 AM   #24
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

To save all from having to look up a dictionary:

ob·strep·er·ous (b-strpr-s, b-)
adj.
Noisily and stubbornly defiant.
Aggressively boisterous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From Latin obstreperus, noisy, from obstrepere, to make a noise against : ob-, against; see ob- + strepere, to make a noise (of imitative origin).]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ob·streper·ous·ly adv.
ob·streper·ous·ness n.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

PS - I loved Ziroc's post on Mr Big Bagger or Reggab Gib or whatever he chooses to call himself - he's bagged!...

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc