Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 01:47 PM   #41
Moni

Ertai,
Thanks.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-13-2001, 01:47 PM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Aw! I'm sorry! You could have left it there! I would not have been offended, Memnoch (well I am saying that hoping I would not have been, knowing you )
45 minutes is a long time! I'm sorry!!!!!

I did not expect you all to agree with everything I said, but like I said, I do think I came down a bit hard on you all.
You are more than welcome to post it anyway if you think I could learn anything from it.

Thank you for being you, Memnoch.

It's ok, I emailed it to you.

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 01:53 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
OK Moni, im glad to see that everything is ok now. and dont worry, its good that you all criticize us (in a constructive way), it will help us in our job and its always better to tell things that we dont like about each other than keeping them for a long time and being bitter without the other person knowing why. talking is always the solution (at least should be).

Very well said. You are wise beyond your years, my friend!

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 02:01 PM   #44
Sorcerer Alex

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators for all the hard work they do You guys do a great job, we couldn't possibly ask for anyone better and I'm glad I happened to stumble accross a board with such friendly, easy-going moderators. So my thanks go to Memnoch, Ziroc, Sazerac and Ertai - what you do isn't easy, and we as members realise that all too well. God bless

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 09-13-2001).]

Old 09-13-2001, 02:10 PM   #45
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I too would like to say that the Moderators on this forum have done an excellant job!

And while the appreciation is sincere, I would like to say however, that I have seen times where a certain level of {favortism--such an ugly word, but I think you get the point} has been shown, often times not in what is said, but rather what is left unsaid. These are minor things...but I agree that it is hard to remove emotion & friendship from a job. But above all things it is prudent to remember (and this has been stated by someone above?!?) that you are Moderators for Ironworks, and not for it's members!!

Keep up the good work Guys!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-13-2001, 03:04 PM   #46
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Of all of Memnoch's excellent moderating here I was most impressed with the outstanding job he did of bringing along 250 after he had first joint us, of educating him a bit and helping him to become a respected and respectful member.

Now to Ertai's job on the BG I forum: I am afraid, contrary to what has been said here, he cannot take any credit or the fact that everything is running smoothly over there: that can only be attributed to a post I wrote there a little while ago in which I threatened all the potential evil-doers with being haunted down by either Wah's pit fiend or, worse, by the sharp-tongued Melusine herself - yes, exactly: Oh my god !

Well, okay, ... *hissed through clenched teeth* ... maaaybe Ertai's average, uh, above-average, err, good ... very good ... outstanding job of moderating there has also got a tiny little bit to do with it ... but only MAYBE !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 04:28 PM   #47
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

After having some limited experience on other boards, I have to say that I believe Ironworks has the best mods----perfect no, but the best. I assume that Ziroc is the one who invites someone to be a mod. I have always found our mods to act mature, level-headed, and responsible. I have had problems in the past that mods have helped me with. Until you have visited other forums, I don't think you can really appreciate the quality of mods that we have here---I know I didn't. Sorry, guys, but I took you for granted----I don't now. I appreciate very much the standards that you help keep in tact at IW. You do a great job, guys! I don't think we tell you enough how much we appreciate it. Thank you, Ziroc, Memnoch, Ertai, and Sazerac!

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena

Old 09-13-2001, 05:22 PM   #48
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

LOL Ramon !! yeah ok i admit it: Ramon is my secret weapon, i showed him once and everything has gone smoothly since then

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 09-14-2001, 03:06 AM   #49
Melusine
Dracolisk

Javi, you rock!!! Thanks to all the Mods and Ziroc for being so great and for keeping this the friendliest, most mature and most fun forum in all of the realms!!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art