Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 05:08 AM   #11
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
there are deomon like the best demon ach lech in ba1 tosc

death is the way of life Killer
you're not wrong - that demon kicked ASS - i used lots of charges of Monster Summoning wand to swamp him while i smacked down his minions followed by himself
That was one tough glabrezu tomato

Old 05-08-2001, 05:10 AM   #12
Cayle
The Magister

I have fought the two Tanar'ri and that other demon with at least four different parties. Sometimes (once actually) I rock them, but usually it is a tough fight involving reloads. Here is my recipe. Buff with the cleric spell free action, any potions you can get your hands on and go on a summoning frenzy before engaging. Also, do not forget resist fear. I do not remember if the Tanar'ri can cast fear, but the one in the middle of the map sure can. Demon fear can turn a good plan into a disaster . Fire elementals are good if you have them, but this quest is often done early in the game.

Concentrate all attacks on the demon and let your summoned cannon fodder deal with the imps or mephits. An alternate way is to take them down first and have everyone pile on the demon. This is one of the better places to let loose with wands of lightning as you do not have to worry about ricochets.

One of the best battles I ever had in BG2 was here. It was right up there with the T"§$%&d R"§e. My potion buffed Cavalier and Amonen had boosted to 23/24 STR, stoneskin, etc. Our summoned pets were Fire elementals and skeletons. Our little army charged and took down the first group. PC and Anomen hacking away, Val on the bow dealing with imps, J on the sling doing likewise and Aerie/Nalia really going at the demon with wands of lightning. Afterwards, the beasties saw imps, salamanders, whatever in the fog of war and took off after them. We followed and it was a running battle across the whole board. MASS MELE, WHOOHOO! It was almost like playing one of those real time strategy games. We cleared the whole board in about 1/2 hour of real time (including paused head scratching time). Usually I am content with a single demon heart and I drag my battered party back into the sphere.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-08-2001, 08:04 AM   #13
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Use monster summoning 3 till you get the max number of creatures then make a barricade with them and rush the demon. Even if they get held they have decent hp and the imps and demon will focus on them while you attack him.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 10:17 AM   #14
Ilvyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with Caleb on this one. Generally a good idea to have a first line of defense made up of summoned ones. If extremely powerful spells are used, you can always send in fodder first and while it's being killed summon new and better ones. The powerful stuff was used on the fodder, and your more sturdy monsters now take over to really hurt your enemy as he has less high powered spells left.
Old 05-08-2001, 01:11 PM   #15
dafan

did all of you find him that hard??? I had my paladin lvl 9 or 10 and speed boots and carosmyr kicked his as alone... no spells no nothing

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 05-08-2001, 02:13 PM   #16
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

No nothing? boo could kick that guys ass if he had carsomyr. For a nice challenge work your way in to the middle of the map and there will be a stronger demon that spawns in a whole bunch of fire imps and salamanders.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.