Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-23-2002, 05:57 PM   #1
Fishman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I've been all over this daggone dungeon (even found the way out), but I can't seem to find the acorns or the glass to give the genie. I thougth I killed that dwarf, but he dropped no acorns. What the heck is going on? Do you have to exit the dungeon, cause I know that it caves in behind you. Somebody help a newbie, please.
Fishman
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 06:02 PM   #2
Tormentor
Manshoon

acorns for the genie?.. you have to retrieve a lamp for the genie...
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 06:16 PM   #3
Fishman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok .. I meant the acorns for the dryads ... however, I still havent' found the flask for the genie either.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:36 PM   #4
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Since this is the first chapter I don't think it is spoilers but if you don't want to read anything about Ch 1 then STOP NOW! [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img]

The acorns were supposed to be on one of the Dwarves that were before Cambion so if you don't think that they were there, then you should check again. And after you get the acorns and talk to the Dryads, they should give you what the genie wants.

Good luck,
Old 01-23-2002, 07:45 PM   #5
Fishman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks .. I've looked everywhere. I think that Cambion guy was in the weird teleport room, right? Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to start over, although I love this game thus far anyway. Only thing I don't like is the real-time combat makes spellcasting nearly impossible. Hard to keep distance.
Fishman
Old 01-23-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Fishman:
Thanks .. I've looked everywhere. I think that Cambion guy was in the weird teleport room, right? Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to start over, although I love this game thus far anyway. Only thing I don't like is the real-time combat makes spellcasting nearly impossible. Hard to keep distance.
Fishman

You can change the setting to round by round, instead of real time. Each character then goes in turn. I usually turn this on when I encounter a battle with lots of spellcasters.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:18 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Have you checked the tables in the room where you fought the Dwarves?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:44 AM   #8
Kezardin
Elminster

Fishman,

there are two ways you can slow the tempo of the combats.

First is to hit the [SPACE] bar. This will freeze all action, you can then select each of your characters and give them the orders you want, then resume the combat by hitting the [SPACE] bar again.

Also you can change the auto-pause options. This will freeze the game when certain conditions are met - for example if an enemy is spotted, or if a trap is discovered (very handy ). Again the [SPACE] bar resumes the hacking.

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:50 AM   #9
Whailor

Spoilers
Regarding the acorns and genie lamp:

First you kill the shmuck druegar Illich or something, he has the acorns. He's the dwarf from whom you can loot also the Mail of the Dead (+2 chainmail). Acorns are NOT on the table or on any other dwarf or anywhere else - Illich or whatever the fool's name is has 'em.

Now, the genie - you will NOT get the lamp/flask/thignie from anywhere unless you speak to genie first and get from him the "quest". Only then you can ask for the lamp/flask/thingie. Dryads have the it, simply walk to them and ask it and they will give it. Go back to genie and return the lamp/flask/thingie and done.

Note that none of these 2 quests are crucial, just some added XP and useful, but not crucial item is rewarded in one of these small "quests" as well. You can entirely skip these quests and nothing will happen as such, you can move on with the game anyway.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Whailor ]