Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 01:11 AM   #91
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I don't go to college, i have this thing on my back called poverty, it sucks but i manage, but the good new is no term papers or exams. just the occasional class that has to deal with getting closer to doing haz mat stuff. 25 bucks an hour! sure ill take the class to make that
Old 11-18-2004, 02:56 AM   #92
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol, hi Landon
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 03:04 AM   #93
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

The cult is getting larger

Anyway, um, hi, and welcome to IW, Landon
Not every path to success requires college...heck, there are legitimate studies out there (made by college students looking for work any way they can get it, I'm sure ) that say that there is actually an overabundance of highly educated people, meaning that there aren't enough jobs for all the smart people...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 11-18-2004, 04:26 AM   #94
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Wow... Every week, people seem to have more homework

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Cool, itll be a while before I get Elder Orbs [img]tongue.gif[/img]
WOW!! I only just realised I am a White Dragon now!!
I never knew what they looked like!!!
Hmm, not what I was expecting...
Think of a dragon... like the emerald dragon...
Now think of it coloured white...
Old 11-18-2004, 05:28 AM   #95
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Guild Wars is designed to be an MMO without the monthly fees. I played in the beta for a couple days, and I didn't like it. The emphasis on grouping is ridiculous (I know I know...guild wars...but still...). The animation is meh. What I disliked most of all was that everytime you went to a new area it had to download the area...it took forever on my 56k and by the time it'd finish my group was already halfway gone...it's basically a game for people who don't want to pay monthly fees, but in that they get a game with quality sub par to a normal MMO

Anyway, no Bill, that's not me . That's a priest, see, and my character is a rogue, so think tight leather with a red ninja mask and wicked daggers

Lyle, the paper was for my mythology class (I compared to greek plays). My Cartesian class would be my philosophy 101 class *gag*

Anyway, WoW beta ends in a few hours, so now I must suffer until Tuesday when it goes live *sniffle*.
No school tomorrow! Both my classes were miraculously canceled, rock!
Night all
Old 11-18-2004, 05:33 AM   #96
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
Think of a dragon... like the emerald dragon...
Now think of it coloured white...
Bah!! Too much thinking. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 07:33 AM   #97
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Calaethis is here to visit me! Aren't you pookey? *hugs and kisses him* Not that we don't visit enough
Jen dear, people will start to get the wrong impression if you say that . *hugs & kisses back* Of course I am. Duh. . Oh and Att too. Why else would I be here? Other then to spam .

Quote:
I know I have broken my once a day postage but I've been obsessed with WoW (just ask Calaethis ) and it's like, why go on IW when I can go on WoW? Duh!
World of Warcraft... Obsessed? Obsessed is an understatement. Addicted, I think would be more accurate . Heh, maybe you should try to get IWs to come on WoW .

Quote:
I am looking forward to these next couple weeks. No school thursday, and my evening classes cancelled next week leaves me free of worry about ditching them for metallica and utah
You, my dear, are very, very strange - looking forward to next two weeks even though you have school? Or not, by the sounds of things . Have fun

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Heya, CD. Ever run into Kaltia? We miss her.
Heya Att. - Funny you should say that - I actually spoke to her a few days ago - she's well, doing fine, nothing new from what I gather. She's her usual same old self - I don't think she's changed a bit. Other then being into fanfiction writing, but then, that's Kat for you. If I do see her, I'll ask her to drop by.

Quote:
Jen, I've been meaning to ask you, what does WoW stand for?
World of Warcraft - if it hasn't been answered already. I replied to this before reading the other posts .

As for me, staying up for 24 hours and then sleeping 18 really is not a good idea. Ah well. It's not like I've got anything better to do - still waiting for job application people to get back to me, giving me free time to do... nothing. . Oh well.

So what've all of you been up to?

Done any Christmas shopping yet?

Edit: stupid smilies. it says I have too many. That'll teach me to add them and quote other people...
Edit 2: and of course, when I turn them off, it says "flood protection"...
Old 11-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #98
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Sad

Hi IWers. Long time no see. About a week! Well HL2 is gold. [img]smile.gif[/img] The fisr semester out of three will soon be over here.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #99
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
quote:
Heya, CD. Ever run into Kaltia? We miss her.
Heya Att. - Funny you should say that - I actually spoke to her a few days ago - she's well, doing fine, nothing new from what I gather. She's her usual same old self - I don't think she's changed a bit. Other then being into fanfiction writing, but then, that's Kat for you. If I do see her, I'll ask her to drop by. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So what've all of you been up to?

Done any Christmas shopping yet? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: stupid smilies. it says I have too many. That'll teach me to add them and quote other people...
Edit 2: and of course, when I turn them off, it says "flood protection"...
[/QUOTE]Thanks, CD, good to hear that she is doing well. I worry about her, sometimes. We bought a few outside Christmas dispalys and a few gifts is all. Thanksgiving is coming up, and Galadria is already preparing.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #100
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Golly, I know what you mean on phi, Jenn...*thanks the dear lord that he is an aspiring phsyicist*

Mythology I guess I could suffer through...but I have a hard time with that kind of memorization...

Sounds like it's gonna be awesome if she's already preparing, Bill!

Is that what you really want to say?