Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Ok I am sterilizing my nailguns, staplegun, and reciprocating saw. Also using a propane torch for the actual procedure. I think it can be done in less than 4 hours [img]smile.gif[/img] I may ask Attalus for some advice, he is a testicular sturgeon so he might have a few tips on how to go about this in the most painful yet proper way. I'm readying a table in the carport for whenever your ready! Oh and Live long and prosper Ronn! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll agree to let you do it on 3 conditions.

1.) You don't ask or accept advise from the testicular surgeon regarding the surgery ON MY EYES!

2.) You accept BCBS of NC. (Pretending to accept like my local physician is fine)

3.) You must drink heavily before, during, and after the procedure.

These are my conditions. What say you?
[/QUOTE]Agreed, I'll set up some drop lights and can perform the procedure at...hmmm....around 10:30 friday night Also to save money instead of renting a table we can use the hood of my roommates 68 Firebird if that ok. I'll knock some off the bill [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 06:26 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
However I would wait till your in your early 20's or so, just to make sure your eyes have stabilized, ask the doctor.
I am in my early 20s

Thanks heaps Ronn and Magik for all that [img]smile.gif[/img] . I'm going to make an appointment with the optometrist after my exams so I'll see what he thinks, and what surgery might cost. We do have health insurance but I don't know if elective surgery is covered. It is pretty annoying having to haul my glasses around everywhere, and you know what they say - men don't make passes at girls in glasses . Except LoA apparently [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 06:28 PM   #23
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Agreed!

I'd prefer you use a 76 FB hood but based on the cost savings, I'd be a fool not to complain.

PS. I'd prefer you use a new blade on the recipricating saw. If you can't supply one, can I get one from Lowe's and bring it with me?
Old 11-04-2002, 06:55 PM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
[QB I may ask Attalus for some advice, he is a testicular sturgeon so he might have a few tips on how to go about this in the most painful yet proper way. I'm readying a table in the carport for whenever your ready! Oh and Live long and prosper Ronn! [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
LOL, for genenral anesthesia, I would recommend a bottle of Wild Turkey... oh, wait, we don't want to get started on that again, do we?
Old 11-04-2002, 06:58 PM   #25
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ronn theres a blade called "The Axe" made by Milwaukke that should do just fine.
Attalus would you suggest the shotglass or funnel type anesthesia?
Old 11-04-2002, 07:00 PM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
men don't make passes at girls in glasses . Except LoA apparently [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]
That ain't true [img]smile.gif[/img] of course if I made a pass at you, someone on here would have to challenge me to a duel...a 40 year old man making passes at 20 something young ladies...most inappropriate

Old 11-05-2002, 05:09 AM   #27
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
men don't make passes at girls in glasses . Except LoA apparently [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]
That ain't true [img]smile.gif[/img] of course if I made a pass at you, someone on here would have to challenge me to a duel...a 40 year old man making passes at 20 something young ladies...most inappropriate [/QUOTE]Aelia - simply not true [img]smile.gif[/img] - why if I were only as young as ninety again .... [img]smile.gif[/img]

What's this - a challenge eh - Helium is proud to accept

What a thought - a duel of the old coots for the hand of the fair young lady - as the challenged I have the choice of weapons - I choose participles at 20 paces Prepare to cogetise your arguments varlet - the game's afoot [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 05:17 AM   #28
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

I use soft lens ones that are recommended as good for about a year. Put them in in the morning and out at night. Mine are much older than a year though and i don't wear them to often (as stated above). They tend to get very annoying if i leave them in more than five hours.
You wear your lenses for swimming?!? Isn't that risky? Like they'll come out with the water?
Also, the reason they bother your eyes after only five hours is that they are so old! I can wear mine for like 12 hours and they only get annoying when my eyes are really tired in the evening.
Can't be bothered to read all the other replies...but I'd get soft contacts whoever is asking...I get the 30 day ones that you take out at night and they are cool, no eye problems for me so far, and I've had them for nearly a year. THere's no point wearing them while you sleep and you will quickly get used to taking them out and putting them in quickly. Although I found it very hard putting them in at first and took up to 30 mins in the first few days!

[ 11-05-2002, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-05-2002, 05:25 AM   #29
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Quote:
I wear glasses for distance vision. I don't have to wear them all the time but if I did, I could probably see a lot better . So I'm thinking of getting contacts since I'm a bit vain and I don't really like wearing my glasses (even though they're pretty cool as glasses go - gucci! Heh )

I have semi-sensitive eyes because of allergies; they are prone to being watery and itchy in certain weather and I try not to wear eye makeup often because they don't like the remover (even though it's for sensitive eyes).

Advice? [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was presented with the same choice a year or so ago. Have the same problem with my eyes (wattery,allergy) - except that bit about the makeup remover [img]smile.gif[/img] . My doc made it clear that I might have severe problems with contacts (except the ones I couldn't afford at that time) because of this. And since I'm not vain - I followed Doc's advice, took glasses and avoided all/any complications [img]smile.gif[/img]

Neuro
Old 11-05-2002, 10:43 AM   #30
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
What's this - a challenge eh - Helium is proud to accept

What a thought - a duel of the old coots for the hand of the fair young lady - as the challenged I have the choice of weapons - I choose participles at 20 paces Prepare to cogetise your arguments varlet - the game's afoot [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]
err I didn't get the part about Helium, but I'll see your participle and raise you one prepositional phrase, "A duel at 20 paces"