Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 09:19 AM   #11
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
OOC: ROFL! Legolas, son of Thranduil... halfling with a magic ring that needs to be destroyed... LOL
OOC: Goes with the name, hon

EDIT: and don't laugh too hard. I imagine that may hurt
------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 10-24-2001).]

Old 10-24-2001, 09:22 AM   #12
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
OOC: Goes with the name, hon

EDIT: and don't laugh too hard. I imagine that may hurt
It does will have to skip joke threads for a while
Old 10-24-2001, 09:41 AM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: cross doesnt work in FR, use silver head arrow instead

the dwarf snared irritatly as Legolas spoke the long and not-really-believable story, but the part about 'effective against vampires' Legolas mentioned had intrigued the red beard dwarf visibly. He sat there quiet for a while, then all of a suddent, grab hold of the arrow with a silver head, and examined it carefully. The arrow is light to hold, very well designed, unpon testing, the dwarf was satisifed to find the arrow is unusually reflexible.

handed the arrow back, "hmm, ye might worth sumthin zen? but do keep ye mouth shut for the most time, I am n charge here, aye?"

Res breathed an uncontrolled laughter, but quickly shuted himself when the dwarf glanced him furiously.

The dwarf continued

"me name be Vangard, zat be all ye need to know, fer now. We, yes, zat'd be me and de butthead" notioned Res, " need to make a trip the Giant Plains, it is south west of this darned dusty dale. Me'z got an errand to deliver, n' itz not ye business to ask about it, aye? so I can use sumwun like yeself, though a bit skinny to ma taste."

Res chuckled, knowing Vangard is not good at talking, he took the job to explain:"Sir Legolas, allow me to explain. I assure that you will be well paid, as our bider is very rich and prominent within this city, in fact, I will pay you 2000 Imperail Gold in advance for the trouble, then another 2000 on our return, it is quite a handsome offer nowadays, you know? All you need to do is to accompany us, and..." Res pauses slightly, then said it with a low voice:" offer protections."

Vangard's face turned red like his beard, he grabbed Res' collar and shook him violently:" Shut ye bonebox ye butthead! it be more like I offer protections to ye kiddies!"

Res laughs heartily, knowing he had just turned his volcanic friend on. Wisely, Res bited back his laughters before the crazy dwarf gone wild and give him a senseless beat. Res apologized sheepishly. and said:" anyway, your assitence for 4000 Imperial Gold."

Res smile innocently, knowing full-well Legolas cannot possibly reject such an amount of offer.

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #14
Legolas the Elven Archer

Legolas considered things for a while. He'd seen plenty of people die, and had experienced dying first hand a couple of times, to know when to be cautious.
He knew they were not telling him everything.
An errand for a wealthy man, to the Giant planes. He'd have to protect the pair from some unknown danger, and his protection was worth 4000 gold pieces. Of course, if he died they wouldn't have to pay him anything.

'Well, I've never been to the Giant planes before' he said. 'What is it I can expect there, and what will you be protecting me from?'

He'd already learned the hard way not to go against your potential employer unless you didn't want the job anyway.

------------------

Old 10-24-2001, 10:44 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

(A Gnome peeks in from the doorstep. Looks at the inside of the Inn. Sees the hanging "Dogs and Gnomes - Behave !" sign over the fireplace, and grumbles. Waves at Julia.)

"Hi Julia ! Sorry no time for a mug right now, I'm in a hurry, wolf's run out in the woods, I must find him back ! Oh, and when he comes back, I have this most exciting information, I'll have to tell you about it. Seeya tomorrow !"

(Slams the door and runs away)

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 10-24-2001, 12:12 PM   #16
Legolas the Elven Archer

The silence following his questions made Legolas a bit uneasy. He could not determine why the lack of response meant the two couldn't or wouldn't answer. Of course, they could also be waiting for the other to speak first.

Legolas drowned his cup and ordered another Darkmead CCL.

'They're just testing me', he thought as he leaned back in his chair and looked around the room.

There were only a few occupied tables by now, and there were more people leaving than entering. Yet the bartender still stood behind the bar, now reorganizing the wines, then cleaning mugs with a filthy piece of cloth. Legolas decided that for most people, it was time for work. He was still waiting for his.

------------------

Old 10-24-2001, 04:11 PM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: back to posting!

patience, patience, let me post!
Old 10-24-2001, 04:15 PM   #18
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
OOC: back to posting!

patience, patience, let me post!
OOC: just teasing you

------------------

Old 10-24-2001, 04:24 PM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

the dwarf bluffed unhappily "me thinks ye talk too much, elf" then he glanced Res a nasty look meaning 'so ye the smart one, aren't ye?' The halfling, knowing he had made the elf suspcious, blushed for a brief a second, but quickly recovered.

Vangard gulp another mouthful mead, then said:" me tell ye one more time, ye offer ASSICTENCE! got it? me had seen more fights than the hair on ye boney head, so don't git me this offering protection crap " The dwarf coughed apologically toward Julia's way for his cussing "sorry, lass" then he continued

"we be expecting nothin more than couple stinky orcs, the worst ye will find is the wolf raiders, they are some witty savage scums. as the name tellz ya, they are wolf raiders, alwayz come in pack, men and wolves, not a merciful sort. I'd battled 'em meself couple times, fight zem is just az bad az zeir smell. pffft"

The dwarf looked at Leglos squarely:
"so, ye gonna come or wut? 4000 Imperial Gold, take it er leav'it."

OOC: join us, gnome! it'd be fun... Vangard 'll be very mean to you j/k

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 04:32 PM   #20
Legolas the Elven Archer

Legolas knew something was not right. He'd spent most of his time in the FR helping the weak and opposed. This mission, protecting something on its way from someone to someone else somewhere, and protecting it from not just the dangers mentioned by the two shorties but probably also other dangers -why was the land called Giant plains?- and that with only two others, who he probably couldn't trust anyway.
But on the other hand, there was the thrill of unknown danger, being on the move again and the 4000 gold pieces.
Legolas made some swift calculations. The gold was enough to last until... well, until he got mugged probably. And by helping himself, he was in a better position to help the others.
He sighed.

'When do we leave?'

------------------