Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 05-20-2002, 01:21 PM   #121
jsalsb
Elminster

And don't forget Freeze All. Works wonders on any creatures with upto moderate water resistance (low resistance early on, but uptp 75 or so -even higher with luck- later on when you improve, depending on your casting ability). This spell makes the mountain wilderness and the Rapax areas a breeze. I found it the most useful combat spell overall. Allows you to hack away at the monsters at hand without worrying about the out of range spellcasting opponents.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:03 PM   #122
Barenziahlover
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sometime retreating is the best tactic esp. it you can reteat toward the
town you want to goto. I was watching Nightline once Patson son was than
brigard commander in the Koren War , when the Chiness make their attack against the UN force he didnot want to reteat from the 500,000 chiness force. As his Father told him reteating your army isnot the best tactic.
That night the ghost of his Father came back to him an Said"Son forget what I said abouting not reteating, you are outnumber,outflank,outmanevior, outgun so reteat your force to save your
man and equipnment to fight than other day.
Barenziahlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:05 PM   #123
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by ThorinOakshield @ 03-07-2002 11:41 AM
I noticed a tip on using a excel spreadsheet for determining if a spellcaster was able to cast a spell or not.
This spreadsheet is now available even if you don't have Excel or in fact any spreadsheet application, all the details can be found here.

For details on spell learning, click here.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-30-2002, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie ]
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 01:28 AM   #124
otter
Elminster

Once you can get Hypnotic Lure, if you cast it every time it fades out, or just a few game minutes after a fizzle, your Psi and Fire will accelerate madly. I often stand near a merchant and use mana stones; practising Charm and Mindread make a good combination with this, and using the mana stones eliminates the need to camp while advancing your Artifacts skill. Just sell them and buy them back immediately, they'll be recharged for around 100GP each. Then i camp every time i get bored, enough to restock the merchant's potions-to-mix. Or go kill some stuff...
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 02:09 AM   #125
foobar
Welcomed New User

The pool near Braffit in Arnika cures HP drains.
Now you can really sell all these costly renewal potions you find or make without any regret!
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:37 PM   #126
Niob
The Magister

Don't forget superman, if you play a 2 or 3 men party, it's much more useful than haste..and a fighter with superman is really unstopable.
But the best spell is X-Ray, I love it
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 03:25 PM   #127
Nomad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The most important tip I can think of:

Have fun
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:46 PM   #128
SiLV@n JicKBoY
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Pre-CoMbAt Tip!!!

I haven't seen anyone post this tip before. I might be the first to think of this. Wow! Ok, here goes...

If your party consists of a group of Heavy Melee-ers, then you'd probably want to start the first turn right in front of them. Problem is, Enemies interrupt and combat begins before you're in melee range. Here's how to lure them to you before starting combat.Oh, but this tip only works in-doors.

STEP 1) Save each time you reach a turning(in-doors).Turn towards the wall(where U're turning to) and save.
STEP 2) Clik on the sword icon and start combat. The enemies will be suprised. Press walk. Strafe to the side to the other corridor untill you see your enemies(here's where you start estimating the time they need to reach you)then walk sideways back to the wall to hide from them again, and end turn. Combat won't start. The enemy will now start moving towards your hiding place.
STEP 3) U can repeat the above STEP and each time, they'll still be suprised. Estimate the time needed for them to get close enuff, then press the sword icon, move out from hiding place and get into melee-range and start combat. Provided that they r close enuff, U'll probably start first in melee range. Make sure that they're close enuff though. If your walk/run bar goes beyond half, then maybe you might not start first.

Use it well and you wouldn't even need the X-ray spell.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:56 PM   #129
Helix
Dungeon Master

Don't waste a spell pick for Resurrection. Use the powders instead.
Give every party member a couple of them. Yes they are expensive,
but you find several free ones in the early game. Once the money
starts rolling in, you will be able to afford them easily.

Beg, borrow, buy, steal, and find *every* spellbook useful to your
party. Even if you never plan on casting that particular spell, go
ahead and use the book to learn it. You will gain additional spell points.

Helix
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 03:57 PM   #130
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

Fighters!! Fighters!! Fighters!! Never underestimate the power of a Lizardman Fighter. I say have at least one in your party.(I personnally have three). Yes, perhaps they are boring and don't develope much other than the ability to pound on the enemy. But, you need them to carry the party when facing some stiff opposition. After facing the "Queen", all my fighters were still alive. Perhaps a little bloody but all my magic-users were RIP's.