Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

Currently I have been working on creating mods for more NPC's (along with some friends). I've been through the game with every NPC; however, never successfully accomplished Viconia's romance, but probably never will. Anyway, we are working on a completely new party of NPC's

PC - Mage/Sorceror (preferably to balance out party)
Satan - Monk (Satan shouldn't need weapons) with a Tanarri Avatar.
The Pope - Cleric (working on Dialogue interaction between these two)
King Arthur - Cavalier
Lee Harvey Oswald - Assassin
Lisa - Half-Orc Barbarian

I dont think i have my history correct with the barbarians name. I remember reading the oldest human anscestor remains ever found were female and they were given a name. I thought it was lisa or lilly or something but cant remember. Also, i need to come up with a better name for the paladin. King Arthur is just lame. And i dont know if I should dual/mulit class the pope. cuz Viconia is already a single class cleric. I wanted everyone to be unique. Any thoughts/ideas/opinions/etc would be greatly appreciated. And i hope i didnt spoil anything in this post.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

use sir gawain for the cavalier isnt he the one that got the grail?
and for the barbarian's name my suggestion is Oorg Uggh. thats the name of my 1/2 orc barbarian in the octagon thread in the RP forum [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2002, 08:25 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

And you think other names are better (the Pope?, Satan?, LHO???).

We want DROW! Warrior, cleric, anything (make a new kit). Found (naturally) in Underdark.

I would make my own NPCs, but I don't know how to make dialogs.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 10:14 PM   #4
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

Well...i completely agree with them having largely uncreative names, but we came up with them during AP Chem. I was gonna have the pope look like a beggar and satan look like a demon, i just thought that would be a funny to watch those two bicker, but oh well. However I, unlike many people, am obsessed with drow. But we will see. Here are a couple of ammendments:

Lucifer (AKA the devil) - Monk; replace the demon from the dwarf things in the underdark (i cant think of the name) you can talk too or kill him as you wish; naturally protected from evil and has inate ability to summon random demon (Galbrezu, Tinarri, Pit Fiend, or Balor)

Michael (as is St. Michael the Archangel) - Cleric; found in either Watchers Keep lvl 3 (ToB) or in the southern tunnels of the Graveyard fighting undead/demons; Change "Summon Animals" spell to summon Angel (similar to planetar from ToB with minor diffs)

Richard (King Richard the Loinheart) - Cavalier; found in Firkrags lair in search of the Holy Avenger; possibly give him either "summon lions" spell/inate ability or a shapechange into lion once a day.

Lee Harvey Oswald (JFK assassination) - Assassin; found in Aran's lair working against bodhi; cant think of any cool abilities (help would be appreciated)

And i crapped on the idea of the barbarian. It almost had potential but failed. I would appreciate any additionaly ideas for the fifth party member or any additional ideas for the existing four. I was thinking for the fifth i could have an archer or mage of some type, or a ranger/mage (can i do that?) or something. Or if this whole idea of making another NPC mod is just crap, please tell me so im not just wasting alot of my time here. Thanks for any advice

[ 08-27-2002, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Tiresius ]
Old 08-27-2002, 10:58 PM   #5
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

LUCY!! I remembered the name of the Homo Hablius (or whatever species) that was dug up. I just thought i would inform anyone else that was wondering. But now i might try to re-instate the barbarian.

But for now i was thinking about the dialogue between Michael and Lucifer. Would it be better to have them be serious hatred (ie Keldorn and Viconia) where they try to kill each other, or more of a humorous hatred. Well that was a stupid question...why they hell would i want to be serious?
Old 08-28-2002, 05:09 AM   #6
Fiend
Manshoon

What about Ghandhi?? cleric/mage, found in umar hills, dire charm,1x day every 5 lvls. Oh and called shot for Lee Harvey Oswald.
--------------------
Bhaal's Personal Tormentor.
[img]graemlins/diablo.gif[/img]
Full-time Reaper of Soul's.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:00 AM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What about a Wizard Slayer??

Nobody seems to like that class, but I've played one up to 20th level (so far) and he rocks (his name, of course, is Cerek).

He has some non-standard items I downloaded from Arundor's Abode. One is a helmet that automatically turns spells of 5th level or less back on the caster. He uses a two-hand sword that adds 25% to his Magic Resistance, causes Miscast Magic upon any hit (save vs spell), and removes one random spell from the mages memory on a critical hit (again, save vs spell).

Just a suggestion for a class most people don't seem to see any advantages in.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:09 AM   #8
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Playing a Wizard Slayer would be interesting, but currently I am possessed by an idea of solo sorcerer

And why don't you make a wiz. slayer NPC, a rather nervous Neutral Chaotic man whose parents were slain by a mad mage in his early youth so that he has that hatred of wizards from the childhood?? He would be rather suspicious, will eventually quarrel with Aerie/Nelia, but will fully support ANY fighter,paladin or cleric. You'd give him a bit lowered INT so that his hatred grows to maddness (just like Minsk's love to Boo ) No romance, of course, with such a man of his own, but a lot of fun hearing his paranoical remarks ("this one looks magish, he may turn us to stones, lets attack, he may kill us" etc)
Old 08-28-2002, 11:31 AM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

So, you cannot make drow? (I am obsessed, too.) I could make you a kit, but I'm going to Greece for a tenday.
Eg.
Qua'laen Claddath
Male or female
Drow warrior
Chaotic Good
Follower of the Dark Maiden, Eilistraee (and joins you running away from Lloth's disciples)
Various options of dialog with Viconia.
Ethan should put geas on him/her, too.

[ 08-28-2002, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:25 PM   #10
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

Well...i appreciate the ideas alot. But all of the NCPs i am making are modeled after pre-existing characters. What person whould could i use to consider a wizard slayer. i.e. Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated JFK, hence and assassin; Bruce Lee would be a good name for a monk; Robin Hood an archer; etc. I cant think of anyone that kills magicians. And drow...i dont know any blue men...what a minute. THE BLUE MAN GROUP!!! but what class would be musical comedians...well...how would you guys object to a drow jester? That is the best i can do with the drow proposal.

You know what...i realized this isnt working very well. Im just going to drop this current plan and go for a straight evil party. (including drow) How is this for a start:

Nande Alow- Female Elf NE Necromancer

Cha'reni- Male Drow CE Wizard Slayer

Teveran- Male Human LE Fallen Paladin

Shallse- Female Drow NE Cleric

Jiste- Male Halfling CE Swashbuckler.

Ummm....well thats the best i can do for 2 minutes of thinking. you know what...i think im just going to leave these types of mods to people that are more qualified that I.