Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #1
Hellraiser64
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started a new game with a half/orc fighter/thief. When I got to the quest of saving Mazzy's sister......Well Wallace doesn't acknowledge the fact that he sold the poison to the other dude. Mazzy's mom says go see Wallace. I go see him and all he says is that he has no wares for sale. Now just prior to talking with Wallace the tw pilosophers are having thier argument. I stepped in and killed the guy who killed the philosopher that looks like a beggar. Is it a bug or was I not supposed to kill the guy that killed the beggar philosopher???? Already have finished the Rakshasa quest and the Druid grove quest.

And as a side topic where in hell do I find the sewer key? I can't remember from my last game. LOL @ myself. Anyways thanks for any enlightenment.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:18 PM   #2
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Dont know about Mazzy's quest but the sever key is with Tolak or something, a minion of fikaarg the red dragon . You can find him in the dungeon in the windspear hills. He is the last room you enter before facing the dragon.
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 11:42 PM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

*Spoilers*

Make sure Mazzy is in your party. Approach Wallace with her, and she should start talking.
The sewer key is on Tazok, who is in Firkraags dungeon; in the last room before Firkraag (the one with Windspear`s child).
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 09:36 AM   #4
Hellraiser64
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I do have Mazzy in the party with me. Now that I have finished the Rakshasa quest he is more than happy to sell me stuff. LOL. Still no mention of the poison tho. And one more thing.....Delon, back in Athkatla in the slums district doesnt recognise that I have finished the quest at Imnesvale either.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:43 AM   #5
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Just to let you know, the philosopher/beggar thing is completely unrelated to this quest, or any quest for that matter. I can't seem to find a quest related to it.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 09:47 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you use Mazzy to talk with the guy?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:04 AM   #7
Hellraiser64
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes I did use Mazzy an still nothing. Oh well. Thanks for the help ppl. *S*
Old 07-19-2002, 08:46 PM   #8
Kezardin
Elminster

Hellraiser64,

I had a bug with this quest once - after getting the poison quest another party member immediately piped up with their own quest.

Although the party went straight to Trademeet, Wallace wouldn't talk to me and Mazzy's sister wasn't in bed but was standing up near the door.

All the dialogues looped and the quest couldn't proceed so I reloaded a previous save and dropped the character with the second quest. Mazzy's quest then proceeded normally.

It may be that your attack affected the quest.

As for Delon, he starts the game in the govt district. If you talk to him there he leaves the city after giving you the quest. If you don't speak to him within a certain time and you have a ranger in the party he tracks your party down in another area (like the slums). However this part is bugged - he stays in place and doesn't recognise you've finished the quest.

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 12:41 AM   #9
Hellraiser64
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Much thanks Kezardin. Delon is in the slums. And I am running a halforc fighter/thief.