Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-08-2001, 03:44 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

How the devil do I beat the f***er in the damn ground....I´ve gote a priest of Thalos (½orc), Undead hunter, Beserker (me), bountyhunter, Archer and a sorcerer they´re all about tenth or eleventh levl.
I mean would it be an idea to:
SPOILER UP AHEAD
Deafen my tanks....me, undead hunter and my priest and then beat him into the ground while my sorcerer drops him with lowering spells...I.E he shouldn´t be able to cast any magic ´cause of the silence radius from my tanks...?

DavidEddingsRules
Old 06-08-2001, 03:56 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Cast Power Word Silence on it, and run in and hack it into pieces (he won't turn hostile initially since he cannot initiate the his normal dialogue).
Or you can wait for it to summon a pit fiend, have most of your party near the exit (protected from evil) and let the pit fiend and it duke it out.
You can also cast Protection from Undead, go in and hack away.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 05:16 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

He initiates dialogue, before you can cast the spell Silence!! And if it is casted, he usually has a saving throw!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 05:19 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
He initiates dialogue, before you can cast the spell Silence!! And if it is casted, he usually has a saving throw!

Not Power Word Silence (mage, lvl 6) though, there is NO saving throws. And casting time is only 1.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 05:25 AM   #5
Cayle
The Magister

Cast Breach (did your sorc choose this spell?) and summon cannon fodder to burn off his best spells. You can exploit the AI by sending in a couple of Kobolds. It is fun to watch a lich go into a timestop, symbol this, symbol that, deathspell frenzy on a kobold. Or you can do it legit and send in an aerial servant first. In PnP, no sane DM would let a lich fall for the kobold trick. If you do not cast prot from evil, the pit fiend will chase you all the way to the street. Or, cast it and wait for the lich to maze the fiend. This burns off the lich's better spells and if you wait around after fighting the lich, you can bag the fiend too. Too bad you do not have Vic, her MR comes in handy for low level lich hunting.

-Cayle
Old 06-08-2001, 05:27 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Thanks..

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 05:30 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Cast Power Word Silence on it, and run in and hack it into pieces (he won't turn hostile initially since he cannot initiate the his normal dialogue).
Or you can wait for it to summon a pit fiend, have most of your party near the exit (protected from evil) and let the pit fiend and it duke it out.
You can also cast Protection from Undead, go in and hack away.

Accord! How cheezy is that solution! Up there with casting multiple cloudkills on a non-hostile dragon.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:36 AM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Accord! How cheezy is that solution! Up there with casting multiple cloudkills on a non-hostile dragon.

Heehee....love that spell!!
Yeah I know it is cheese.....it was either that or have a race of "who can cast time stop faster" with the lich.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 06:12 AM   #9
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I would make my sorcerer's main job reading breach and pierce magic scrolls as fast as he could. I think you can find several in Waukeen's Promenade.

After that, your many tanks should smoke him, if you have decent weapons.
Old 06-08-2001, 02:24 PM   #10
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Lich Killing 101 spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Liches are actually very easy for someone who has fought them alot, the new player finds them hard, the experienced players find them a great source of experience LOL.
Liches are actually very easy with the right tactics, its just finding what works is the hard part.
This is the tactics I find work every time

1) protection from undead scroll. You can kill any undead in the game (cept demi-lich.. you need to do something special there) with this scroll. They can't even see you, you just walk up and kill them. You can clear entire undead dungeons with 1 character with a protection from undead scroll. Thats what its there for.

2) protection from magic scroll. Works almost as good.

3) Some items that work great vs liches. Daystar of course. The Sunray power will do usually about 40-50 damage to a lich unless it has a fire shield up. A very lucky hit will do over 1000. Rings of the RAM ignore magical protection, and usually do 15-25 damage. If you have 2 such rings, usually a daystar and 2 rings of the ram will kill liches just with those 3 attacks.

4) If all else fails, send conjured monsters to take the brunt of his most damaging spells (fingers of death, death, disintegrate, imprison, maze whatever), then send in your mage to dispel his protection and your warriors to beat up on him.

And lastly, when a lich is first summoned, have everyone surround his summoning spot, and attack him once you can. Often you can deal in some good damage even before his protection spells go up. Then daystar and RAM rings finish him. I can kill all liches now before they can even THINK of a time stop.

Attack, daystar, rings of ram, usually toast.