Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-19-2002, 08:27 PM   #1
Strider_314
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been having fun with the game so far.
At the moment I'm up that big tree in Trynton. Those patrols seem to be an annoyance rather than a help. They either run away when I'm having a battle or move in front of me and get in my bloody way (the narrow walkways dont help much).

One time combat started with the enemies heaps far away - 6 wasps and 4 of those magic deadly sprites. A patrol of 7 trinnies were next to em, and I had to use 4 movement turns to get to the melee. By the time I got there, there only 2 of my cute but pathetic allies left - and they died the next round (But to be fair, my party died afterwoods as well [img]smile.gif[/img] Those wasps and sprites together were hardcore)
Old 01-19-2002, 11:26 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

that's very true! it's most noticeable in trynton because the pathways are so narrow.

but, you can heal from a distance, too. [img]smile.gif[/img] if i'm too far to fight, i usually at least try to throw heals out on the little guys, or other buff spells.

V***V
Old 01-19-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Try using range attacks or magic at the sprites.. they shouldn't have too many hp's. Let the patrols take the hits from the wasps if you can. once the sprites are dead you can walk in a clean up.

Not knowning your party class's this is all i can suggest.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 01:11 AM   #4
Strider_314
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Got to the trinton city part, and encountered a huge amount of monsters. I stayed out of the magic dead part, because I wanted to wield my cool spells. I let all the stuff come and me one and two at a time.

The fight was easy except for the 4 Wood(?) Elders. They were high level - one of them was Level 13 and my dudes are only level 9 and 10! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Those elders would totally waste me. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] Mostly by their toxic cloud spell or whatever is called. Not have the silence or clear air spells didnt help.

Then I realised that maybe I should fight the mobs in the dead zone. (like der ) Then the Elders would be spell handicapped.

In the end I actually fixed it so I was standing on the doorway - I could cast spells, but the critters couldnt It would of been perfect except for the damn long reach those Elders. I had to step forward into my melee range (and magic dead zone) to get them.