Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 11:27 AM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hey there,

For all of you Wizardry V veterans out there, I started playing the game again and had a few questions.

I'm sure you all remember that when you change class, your characters ability to get hit points at level up decreases and is never really the same. I do remember in Wizardry 1, you could get a level drain in battle, then Malor out (thus keeping the experience), and then go back to the Inn and then your character would be "reset", ie they would now get normal HP at level up.

I've found in Wiz V, this doesn't quite work as well. I changed 4 of my characters to a higher class, and all of them usually get only 1 HP at level up (yes, even if I reload 100 times each, they rarely get more than 5-10 each time). So, I did the "level drain reset" trick again, and it seemed to help one of the characters, but the others I'm not sure.

I've also observed that the crappy HP bonuses seem to be worse when you are at a level lower than your previous classes level. This could just be my imagination, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm still going to get my characters a few more levels to see if their HP has in fact gone back to normal after this drain trick.

It really is quite frusterating, I have 2 Ninjas, a Samural and Lord who all have less or slightly more than my Mage and Bishop, who have about 120 HP each. Oh yes, always make Mages and Bishops Dwarves, they will get a TON of HP this way!

So, I figure at level 14 my fighter types should be at at least 200 HP or more, but sadly they all have in the area of 90-140, very paltry.

Anyone with any knowledge about this? I've searched the net, but all I've found is info about the game, maps and such. There seems to next to nothing about game dynamics and how to build a party of powerful characters. Hmm, maybe its time someone did this, not a bad idea!

Anyway, I'm remembering a lot of things that I forgot, and let's hear it for The Laughing Kettle! He's still hard to beat, but 89,000 exp to each party member is well worth it!

Best,

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote