Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-18-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

What are the maximum levels you can get with a 8 million experience cap?

Does the mage class stop at level 17 and only allow you to cast L8 spells? Can you use the HLAs to select a L9 spell?

I'm hoping to powergame (!!!) this character through the series, so please let me know anything you think I should
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

hey

some tables are here at:
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2...lasses/tables/

just find what level each class is at at exp: '2666666' (ie a third of the exp cap)

sorry i can't answer any of your other questions.

good luck though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:15 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The (main) reason the F/M/T and F/C/M aren't good powergaming classes is that their Mage component stops just short of Level 18, which means no 9th level spells, which means no Time Stop->Improved Alacrity holy hell.

The other reason is that with 3 classes getting HLAs at the same time, there's no room for all of the available HLAs to fit on the board at the same time. So BioWare said, "Heck, they can't get 9th Level spells anyway, let's drop all of the Mage HLAs off the board." So you won't get to choose Extra 6th, 7th, 8th level spells either.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

But if you install XP cap remover which allows you to have F/M/T at levels 40/40/40 all new powergaming bliss opens up for you.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
But if you install XP cap remover which allows you to have F/M/T at levels 40/40/40 all new powergaming bliss opens up for you.
Not going to happen.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:18 AM   #6
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Erm...If it's 1/3 for a triple class, a 2 cleric/mage will stop at level 20/20? If so, then i guess i WILL be installing the EXP. cap remover.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:11 AM   #7
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

The other reason is that with 3 classes getting HLAs at the same time, there's no room for all of the available HLAs to fit on the board at the same time. So BioWare said, "Heck, they can't get 9th Level spells anyway, let's drop all of the Mage HLAs off the board." So you won't get to choose Extra 6th, 7th, 8th level spells either.
I'm 99% sure Baldurdash fixed this.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #8
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Erm...If it's 1/3 for a triple class, a 2 cleric/mage will stop at level 20/20? If so, then i guess i WILL be installing the EXP. cap remover.
Not quite mate.

You DIVIDE the EXPERIENCE by the number of classes. 4 million EXP per class will get you more than L20/20
Old 12-19-2004, 11:05 AM   #9
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Woowoo, thanks for clearing that up for me