Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-08-2002, 01:55 PM   #31
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

thanks mel, i knew there was a reason kazaa kept on messing that download up!!!! grr....
Old 10-08-2002, 06:44 PM   #32
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I just seen Tool play on sunday night And that was one dam good show. Mannard rocks.

Other music choices are deftone's,Incubus,Korn,Metallica,No Doubt,SnFu,Offspring,Radio Head. Well you get the point.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:22 PM   #33
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I've been known to play just about anything, but I generally like RnB, rock, and *some* rap. (LL Cool J, old school stuff) I've been known to give B*Witched's first album some play (hangs head in shame)

Currently in my CD player: Linkin Park, and recently discovered Natalie Imbruglia (seeing some video singles on UK tv inspired me to buy her first album)
Old 10-08-2002, 10:27 PM   #34
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:

You know I'm suprised... not many people actually know about these groups, I had to search all over the US to find a single CD by KMFDM in a Record store! took ages... I'm not suprised that many people just download this sort of music instead...

Who wants to hear some VNV!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Joy - Satchelfeild in English
[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] KMFDM is pretty well known; Skinny Puppy, Rammstein, Ministry are even more so! Maybe you were looking in the wrong places, or maybe it's more difficult to find these bands in the USA...

[/QUOTE]Maybe it's just the people I hang out with, but I've heard about all of these as well. Didn't Rammstein have some music in the XXX soundtrack?

Hmmph, and I thought peterboring was a backwater... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 10:38 PM   #35
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Hunter, didn't Apoptygma Berzerk do a song with a horrid O Fortuna sample... Love Never Dies I think it's called... LOL very typical song that.
unfortunately , Yes.

it is also unfortunate that O Fortuna never dies!! I thought I was through with that song back in the 80's.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #36
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
...Rammstein...
Oh well, if you insist... *cracks whip*

"Buck dich, befehl ich dir;
wende dein Antlitz ab von mir.
Dein Gesicht ist mir völlig egal;
also buck dich bitte noch einmal..."

"Ein Zweibener auf allen Vieren..."

uh, okay, I think that'll do for now... honestly though Mel, I think you should have a little more discretion next time. This is a public forum for God's sake

Old 10-09-2002, 06:25 AM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
unfortunately , Yes.

it is also unfortunate that O Fortuna never dies!! I thought I was through with that song back in the 80's.
LOL, actually I happen to love Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, including O Fortuna - even performed it with my choir some time back. But the sampling and rehashing by modern bands gets pretty damn tired, yeah.

Alex! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I thought that was *my* part? Ah well... *bückt sich* [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 06:27 AM   #38
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
unfortunately , Yes.

LOL, actually I happen to love Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, including O Fortuna - even performed it with my choir some time back. But the sampling and rehashing by modern bands gets pretty damn tired, yeah.

[/QUOTE]Great piece of music Melusine! I'd noticed before that we share similar taste in classical stuff. I like it dramatic, the sort of thing that gives you goosebumps and a shiver down your spine.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:11 AM   #39
The Trickster
Manshoon

Extreme Metal. Doom, Funeral, Thrash, Death, Black, Avantgarde etc. etc.

Favourite Bands:

My Dying Bride
Morbid Angel
Arcturus
Opeth
Shape of Despair
Emperor
Burzum
Cynic
Death
Ulver

the list goes on......
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.